Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09

Dropping Bottles?

The boys are 6 months old in 2 weeks time (24 + 1 today) and we have been weaning for 3 weeks. They now have 3 meals a day of pureed veg or fruit mixed with baby rice made with their milk (theyre cows milk allergic so I make all my own food) They love their food.

However, they were having 7 bottles of 5oz a day. They dont like their milk much, mainly due to how poorly it made them before, so rarely finish a bottle and I could never up the amount as they would just leave it.

I have dropped the 3am bottle for them as they didnt want it and were waking out of habit. They still wake at the moment (only been 3 nights) but easily go back to sleep. They now have bottles at 6am, 9.30am, 1pm, 4.30pm, 6.30pm and 11pm and food at 7.30/8am, 11.30/12pm and 3.30/4pm.

The last couple of days they have not wanted all these bottles and have shifted them so they completely drop one of them. I am worried they are dropping too much milk, especially as they dont drink all of the bottles they do have. Yesterday they had 18/19oz of milk, which is a big drop from 25/35oz. I do mix 2-3oz of milk into their solid food, which they share so 1-1.5oz each.

Should I be worried? I cant get any more milk into them and they are nearly 6 months but ive been told they shouldnt be dropping milk yet??

Replies