Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Theyre nearly there!!

My boys are almost sitting up totally on their own!

I know most of you have posted about this already, or your babies have been sitting up on their own for months, but this is a milestone ive waited ages to get to (my boys are a month behind and lazy!!)

Alfie has also managed to get up on his knees (although couldnt do all 4's just yet!)

I was having a 'very minor' panic about their development and how they might have a physical problem somewhere along the line as they should be sitting but they really are getting it!!

No need to reply, just wanted to share!

Replies

• awww yay!!!! image bless them!! its so much easier once they can sit up on their own!! still have a few pillows behind them though just incase!!! hehe!
  • Yay well done babies. Great news. Although S has been able to sit up a while unaided he still has drunk moments and topples over.
    They will be crawling/walking before you know it!
    Sx
  • Yey,

Well done Ryan and Alfie xx
  • Yeah!! Well done boys. x
  • Well done boys! I knew they could do it!! I loved the next stage, when you could leave your lo(s) sitting playing, go and do something and come back and find them in the same place!! Enjoy it before the moving starts!!
  • Well done...clever boys x
  • Just to update...

We have gone from Saturday where I was all for calling the hv/gp/paed due to their lack of body control and sitting skills, to Wednesday where I have just been to my sisters and, with no highchairs, managed to feed both of them their dinner whilst sat on the floor! I NEVER thought I would get there, let alone this quick. I love that I can put them down and leave them and they wont be screaming as theyve toppled over and hit their heads in the meantime! And ive bought them some new 'sitting' toys today as, after spending some time sitting today I realised they didnt have anything they could play with. We now have a 'Cookie Jar' - Fisher Price, and a Drum from Tesco (which is amazing!)
  • Ah Gem, already said it but yey Ryan and Alfie xx George has that drum from tesco, he loves spinning it round! It's Emma by the way (although you've probably guessed, just got a name change!) xx