Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How do you manage to get yourselves dressed in a morning....

.....without feeling like you've flung yourself together & your make-up's everywhere?!!!!

Now that Ava is even more on the move, crawling like a demon now cruising and trying to pull herself up on everything, i find it a chore to get myself washed & dressed. I can longer straighten my hair until her morning nap as she has an obsession with them! I have a stairgate on the top of the stairs and she's safe but she'd rather open my drawers and pull everything out aggghhhhh!!!!

How do you lot do it? xx

Replies

• Options
    * NO longer straighten my hair!
  • Options
    I know what you mean. I manage to jump in the shower and throw a few clothes on when he goes back down to sleep about 9ish but he is currently still in his cot and just about to go off so i will just have to do all i can in the time i've got. XX
  • Options
    Nightmare isn't it? I hate being sat round in my pj's all morning plus it's not practical to always wait when she's napping for the mornings when I'm going out aagghhh!! xx
  • Options
    Hubby gets up at 6 for work and Isabelle is often up at that time if not befor,e so he gives her a bottle and changes her whilst he's having breakfast downstairs then wakes me up at 6.45 and I jump straight in the shower and bring my make up downstairs! Henry gets up from 7.30 - 8 and then I usually do my make up and hair at about 8 when Isabelle goes down for her next nap. If I do make up and hair in the hallway I can watch her in the lounge with baby gate on. They often play together first thing so she's usually entertained! They're actually playing really nicely together right now with the pretend kitchen!

I remember waiting until Henry's morning nap when he was the same age as Isabelle and I was gutted when he dropped it! I remember saying to hubby I'm not going to be able to leave the house until the afternoon!

I started washing and straightening my hair before bed as was a lot easier to just go over in the morning!
  • Options
    I get showered and dressed before DH leaves for work. As for makeup and hair straightening - that gets done when he is having his morning nap. Although if we are going out in the morning its a disaster - sometimes I put him in his walker and do it really quickly - if he'll let me !!!
  • Options
    i feel really mean...i put Dylan in his cot with some toys and leave him to it. Sometimes he moans and whinges a little bit but if i didn't leave him i wouldn't ever get a shower (eeew!!!). Sometimes he falls asleep so i get the chance to straighten hair and do make up. His waking up time first thing varies so greatly so there is no set nap time for me to wait for.
  • Options
    I take my LO into the bathroom in his car seat! He has a couple of toys to keep him amused and he is now loosely strapped in.
    I've taken him into the bathroom with me since he was born! I then get dressed with him still in his car seat and then usually put him in his cot with toys as I do my make up and dry my hair.
    Don't know what i'll do when he's too big for the car seat!
  • Options
    I used to lay Abi in her rocker chair when she was tiny in whatever room i was in. More recently (she's now 8.5 months) I put her in either her walker, jumperoo or activity station depending on her mood. As she isnt crawling yet and if im going to be quick, i get her playgym out at times but its more often the other toys that i use.

• Options
    Well, my little man used to go back down after his morning bottle for an hour which was lovely as it gave me an hour to turn myself into a yummy mummy, but he doesn do that now so.......
    I make it a rule not to go into Seth until 7am unless he is crying so i get up about6.45 which gives me chance to grap a quicker shower, dry my hair and slap some make up on!! He naps at 9am but i couldnt sit in my PJ's til then! Especially with builders in the house at the moment, at the weekend when hubby is occasioanlly at home i will stay in my PJs til nap time image
    Sx
  • Options
    Well, Lola loves being in her walker, so I usually do it between bottle and breakfast whilst shes having a play in there.
    I make it a point now though never to make definate plans with a definate time because i can NEVER get me and Lola ready for a deadline anymore!! lol xx