Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby fingernails!!!

Any ideas on how to cut little baby fingernails??
I have found the easiest way to do Luen's is by filing them but this is getting harder as he barely keeps his hands still. He hates having his hands covered so can wake covered in scratches as he loves touching his face!
Have heard about biting them, but cant do this as dont bite my own, and he too little for scissors.
x

Replies

• Options
    Hi, i have little baby scissors and cut Lylas when she is sleeping, have had no bother so far she is four weeks. Im too scared to bite them! x
  • Options
    awww bless,they are so tiny arent they?

i used to bite my sons,but would find it weird now as im not a biter anymore..i think its safer to use baby siccors when little one is asleep.x
  • Options
    My midwife said not to use scissors or to bite as LO's fingers are so soft you might not be able to tell where the nail stops and lo's finger starts!

She recommended just tearing them. LO's nails are so soft this is quite easy to do and I do it to DS whenever he has a hangnail or his nails get to long.

K x