Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

DS Not well - AGAIN !!!

DS is unwell again - this is the third time since March. The same as always - really high temp (39 plus) but nothing else. He's not off his milk etc. Sleeping when his temp is high but as soon as it goes down (with calpol or ibruprofen) he is on top form.

He had this on Mothers Day and then again at Easter. Both times I went to the docs and they said there was nothing wrong with him (possibly a virus but chest, ears, throat etc were clear).

Replies

• Hi SW,

Have you been to docs yet?
    Does seem strange that its repeating its self. At least he is taking his food though. Hope he feels better soon. xx
  • Oh no Hun poor H. I honestly haven't got a clue but I've found some info here:
    http://kidshealth.org/parent/general/body/fever.html

It basically says high temps can occur when fighting an infection.
    So maybe he's had one (teething??) that you maybe didn't know about - easy to not know if he's a happy chappy image

I'd go back to the GP though and say you're not happy, something must be causing it.
    Big hugs xxx
  • Poor H it's not fair when they are so little. Maybe you could try and see another dr or out of hours or just keep going back till they listen, mummy knows best. Hope he is feeling better soon

xxx