Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Baby losing weight

Had Isabelle weighed this morning and she's now 16lb 14oz at nearly 7 months old, at 6 months she was 17lb 1oz, I know its not much but still strange?

They have said she could have been weighed incorrectly last time and are not overly concerned, she has an 8 months check up with the HV and they said they would check again then, in the meantime not to worry.

I really struggle to get Isabelle to eat and still with weaning she doesn't have much,

She only has 3-4 x 7oz bottles and 2 meals a day, I just can't get anymore than this in her at the moment, but she's not exaclty skinny and is still such a happy little thing.

Oh and she hasn't been ill, to lose weight that way.

Ali x

Replies

• Hi hun, if HV arent concerned i would heed their advice, did she have a big weight jump last time ? is it likely to be a mistake, keep doing what you are doing im sure her appetitie will increase have you started on some fingerfood? maybe she will be happier to wean when she has control over what goes in her mouth, I would try some buttered toast fingers and see how she goes x

ps its only a small weight loss so if hv not concerned and Isabelle is happy i wouldnt worry x