Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Moses basket or cot?

Hi

Jake is still in his moses basket although he is starting to outgrow it now. Just wondering how many of your LO's are still in their moses basket and how many have made the move to their cots and how are they getting on. I feel bit scared about putting him in his cot although i know i will have to very soon image xx

Replies

• This has to be quick reply as Luen needs his bedtime feed.
    He already in his cot he been in his for 3/4 week and loved it. we was nervous on his first couple of nigths but it has been fine for him.
    The only thing is he sometimes seems to hit head on his bars as he moves about alot just wondering if this happens to anyone elses babies?
    When you do the move good luck he'll be fine hun x
  • Hiya image
    Well DD is still in Moses basket overnight however for her long daytime afternoon sleep she goes down in her cot (in her room) and also at 7.30pm when she's had a bath. It's only after her last feed at 10.30pm that we then put her in her basket in our room.
    I will be putting her in her cot for overnight in a couple of weeks, I'm sure she'll be fine as she does like her cot, I think I'm like Hayley and it's more me that wants to keep her close by xxx
  • alfie is in his cot but in our room. He sleeps so much better in it as he spreads his arms out but didn't have the room to do that in his basket. We didn't do anything special to move him just went from moses basket one day to the cot the next once it had been delivered and he was fine with moving. Hope it goes ok.

Charlene and Alfie.
    XX
  • Hiya! same story for us, my lo has outgrown the moses basket and we've ordered the cot now...hopefully coming this week,,,
    Neways just saying hope it goes ok for you. Fingers crossed!
    Ella
  • Hi hun, i moved Caden into his cot about 3 weeks ago as he had outgrown the moses basket and kept waking himself up hitting the sides. I did move the cot into our room tho as i still wanted him near. He sleeps really well now.

xxx
    Kerrie & Caden 9.2weeks
  • Hiya,
    Seths been in his cot for about 4/5 weeks now, He's just to tall for his moses basket and there is no room for him to stretch out, we had it downstairs so wen had naps in the day he went in it but now he physically will not fit. He has been as happy in his cot as he was in his moses basket. For the first couple of nights one of us slept in his room with him as we also have a bed in there (to many beds, not enough bedrooms!!) but since then just the monitor in and its fine. Shame he wont still fit in his basket as its such a pain having to keep going through to him room throughout the night as he doesnt sleep through (5 hrs max image
    Sx
  • Ioan has been in his cot for about 3wks now. He was fine with it, we had been doing nappy changes in his room and he went down for some day time sleeps in his cot for a few days before we moved him just so he was used to the room. Unfortunatly we couldn't fit the cot in with us so he is in his own room with a moniter on the cot.
    I'm with SLOW though it can be pain having to go to a different room in the night-especially when it's cold and my bed is sooo warm!! Lol