Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sleeping bags

DD has been sleeping in sleppingbags for the last week as she constantly kicked off blankets. I was just wondering if she also needed a sheet or blanket as well with the sleeping bag if so any tips on how i can get her to keep it on? In our bedroom its about 19degrees. She sleeps with a vest and a sleepsuit then the sleeping bag.
What do your LOs sleep in?

Thanks
:\?
xxx

Replies

• Options
    I dont think she needs anything else. The idea of the sleeping bag is that they are evryhting lo should need if dressed as you have said.

My boys didnt like sleeping bags, but I think they were a little young when I tried. Due to the reflux, they are only really comfortable on their left side sleeping, and swaddled tightly to help soothe their stomachs.

When they were in sleeping bags they were fine. The only problem I had was cold hands and, although this doesnt bother them, it bothered me so I used to use scratch mitts to keep their hands warm
  • Options
    Hi my ds sleeps in just the sleeping bag and wears a longe sleeved vest and sleepsuit as i was worried his arm getting cold at night. BUt he fine in just a sleeping bag and his only a 1 tog and you can get different togs
    x

• Options
    Hi, I wondered this and looked at the FAQs on the Gro bag site; this is what it said:

What your baby wears will depend on the tog of Grobag Baby Sleep Bag and the temperature of your baby's bedroom. (In the same way as you would adjust nightclothes and number of blankets). As a guide, please refer to the table below. Please remember, though, that babies are all different and, just as with blankets and sheets, you will soon discover what your baby is most comfortable wearing. Placing your fingers on your baby's chest is the best indicator of whether they are too hot/too cold/just right as babies' hands often feel cool.

There is then a table which tells you what to dress your baby in, but it won't copy!! Here's the web address where you can see it!

http://www.gro.co.uk/EC7E80242F3F407EBF33573B114D8073.aspx#EEC33A9FE3AC407CADF9BF76D6578B43

Hope that helps! :lol:
  • Options
    Double post! Bloomin' website!

WW
    xXx

[Modified by: Wonder Woman! on December 19, 2009 09:14 PM]

• Options
    Thanks for all your replies everyone.
    Thanks for the website link WW that really helps
    xx