Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Can I let you into a secret...?

I'm pregnant!!!!

Still in absolute shock as we had discussed TTC and decided we would leave it until DS was a bit older and we had moved and saved some pennies. Have been feeling a bit odd and alarm bells rang so I did a test and got a BFP!!! Very scared about the prospect of having 2 children under 2. My periods haven't been particularly regular as I'm still breastfeeding DS so not even sure of dates but guessing around the end of May.

Got a lot of organising and planning to do in the meantime as we are hoping to move before due date.

Is anyone else who is expecting worried about the small age gap? I'm worried I won't be able to give DS the attention he needs and deserves, that I will have to stop breastfeeding him, that I will get PND again, that we will be crippled by the cost of another baby, that we won't be able to move and I will have absolutely NO support with 2 children under 2 - someone please stop me worrying and give me a virtual slap please!!!!

J x

Replies

• Options
    Woo hoo!!! Congratulations Hun!!!!!!
    It'll still be a shock at the moment but who's to say a larger age gap is no more hard work than a smaller one? At least you're getting the hard work out the way, then Dylan and his brother/Sister can play together image

Wishing you a happy & healthy 9 months xxx

Wow, there's a few BIO'09 Mummies who are pregnant again!! What's in the water?! :lol: xx
  • Options
    Thanks hun, I am in total shock and was really unprepared for a BFP. eek!!!! I know I should count myself very fortunate to have fallen so easily and there are a lot of people who would do anything to be in my position.

Have only told my parents as its such early days and I don't think I will believe it until my 12 week scan. Just hoping we can get the house on the market asap!!!

• Options
    Yay, congratulations hun.
    Its always a worry but like proudmummy says, what ever the age gap is we'll still have our hands full. Its hard work being preg and running round after a toddler but just rest when they nap and you get through the day. You'll not have to buy things again as you'll have them from DS still i guess so it will only be bits and bobs to begin with.
    Hope you have a H&H pregnancy.
    Sxx
    11+4!
  • Options
    Fabulous news, congratulations!! It's making me broody, all these BIO pregnancies. But i'll not break, hopefully we'll try to conceive this time next year!!
    Have a happy and healthy 9 months!
    Jx
  • Options
    Fab news huni, huge congratulations to you all! These pregnancy announcements are making me all emotional and broody. Have a happy and healthy 9mths
    xx
  • Options
    honeyboo YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! image

omg im so happy for you!! dylan will be a big bro, awww!! image

still breastfeeding and getting pregnant, bloody hell, thats some mighty strong sperm, pat on the back to oh!! haha

oh yeh here, *virtual slap* we will be fine!! stop worrying! image
  • Options
    Congratulations hun - lovely news.

Try not to stress, they always say its never the right time to have a baby - but you always cope - and I don't see why it is any different for number 2

K x
  • Options
    Thanks ladies and thanks Lucy for the virtual slap!!!!

Its going to take a lot to get my head round it. Dylan is such a typical little boy, bashes his way around, loves poking babies in the face, rugby tackling cats etc so I am quite worried how he will be with a new baby and how I will manage to feed a newborn whilst entertaining him etc!!!!!!

Raviolig - My mum said the same to me about pnd, I coped with it because of Dylan, I got through it without medication, counselling etc and hopefully things will be different this time (if we manage to move) so fingers crossed I will be ok.

Going to see the midwife on monday (although its very early and I shouldn't be seeing her yet) I have some questions to ask about how easy/practical it is to carry on breastfeeding Dylan.

J x x x
  • Options
    Huge congratulations hun!!!!!!

Like the others said there will always be little worries going through any of our heads no matter what the age gap is. But you will have 2 lovely babies who will make you smile and laugh everyday hun.

There is def a bit of a baby boom going on in BIO though!

Fantastic news.

• Options
    Congratulations! I posted a reply yesterday, but it seems to have vanished!! I agree, there is no perfect age gap between siblings, they all have their pros and cons. 3 of my friends had 2 under 2 and they found the main good points were - they both still napped so that meant mummy got a bit of a rest too, or got to spend some 1 to 1 time with the child who wasn't asleep and secondly. now their children are older, they are really close and play beautifully together... most of the time!!

I've heard that breastfeeding can get a bit sore when pregnant and that your first baby will sometimes self wean as your milk will start to taste different when it starts to change ready for baby number 2!! I'd be interested to hear what the midwife says.

Good luck and congrats again!!

WW x
  • Options
    yeh i thought your uterus contracted with breastfeeding? let us know what they say, will be interested to know! image