Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Milk

Hi ladies

Just wanted to ask how many bottles a day your LO are now taken.

DD will be 1 on the 7th and at the moment is having 2 bottles of 7 oz a day but not finishing them, i'm thinking of dropping the morning bottle as this seems to be the one she drinks least of and also i think it puts her off her breakfast a little.

Does this seem about right.

Also when do you stop the formula, i have noticed there is a toddler milk for over ones in the SMA range which she is on, is this worth buying or do you think i should just move straight on to cows milk.

Thanks
Christine xx

Replies

• Options
    Hello,
    DS is on 2 bottles of formula a day, and a beaker of cows milk mid afternoon. His breakfast one he rarely drinks it all, maybe takes about 5 oz and 6-7oz at bed time.
    Sx
  • Options
    Alfie is already on 2 bottles of cows milk a day. 8oz morning and night. I was going to move him onto follow on milk but it didn't agree with him. The hv said follow on milk etc is for fussy babies or ones that dont have a varied diet and as he is nearly 1 he might as well move straight onto cows milk. He loves it and has started drinking all of his bottles again. image Its hard to know what to do for the best though isn't it? XXX
  • Options
    My LO is 1 on the 30th sept and on 2 bottles a day. 4oz in the morning, which he has in a cup with his breakfast (still on formula at the moment) and 6oz at night.
    I was going to try the morning drink as cow's milk soon and see how we get on
  • Options
    DD is 11 months tomorrow and she's on 2x bottles of Follow on formula totalling 11 oz's plus 1x beaker of cows milk mid-afternoon (3/4 oz's)

She also has (roughly) 3 oz's of cows milk in her porridge and 2x yoghurts per day. Also cheese, so she does have the "recommended" amount x

[Modified by: 1ProudMummy on September 17, 2010 07:01 AM]

• Options
    Hey Hun, she's been fine - we use the TT first sips one. They're the best I've found tbh and believe me, I've bought loooooooooads :lol:
    I just sit her in her highchair, she has her milk and a snack too.
    You could try her with the beaker at a mid-afternoon one or something? DD started to ditch the mid-afternoon bottle, but would start "asking" for it at almost tea-time so thought she may have been bored lol!!!
    Good luck x
  • Options
    Hey hun.
    DS is fine with a beaker. He has drunk water froma beaker since 4 months and has been able to help himself to it for months now. He just sits on the floor and gulps it down. I'm not actually sure what sort his is, he has a cow looking one from Asda and one without handles which he loves to drink from too. I've bought my last tub of formula and when its gone he will go onto cows milk. He has a varied diet and lilkes cows milk, he is over 11 months now so by the time this tub is fniished he'll be nearly one anyway!
    Sxx