Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09

O/T wedding lists

Hiya

i'm getting married july this year and did have a gift list set up but i'm thinking of changing my mind and asking for contributes to my honeymoon instead. Just wondering how to do it to go for a website and people pay money into that for different parts of the honeymoon or to ask for chq cash on the day have a wishing well etc. any ideas? what did any of you do?? thanks xxx

Replies

• Hi hun
    We went to a wedding last year and they asked for contributions towards their honeymoon too (good idea). They set it up on a website and guests were given a specific code relating to the bride & grooms honeymoon. VERY easy to do from the guests point of view.

I'll speak to my cousin (who's wedding it was) to find out the name of the website and I'll let you know.
    I *think* it was something like giftfinders or something along those lines.

I'll get back to you as soon as hun xxx
  • We just asked people to donate some money, to put it into a card and give it to us at the reception. I wrote it in the invitation - ' Should you wish to give a gift as well as being our guest, some money towards our honeymoon would really be what's best!'

Hope this helps!

Gemma xxx
  • Thanks Kelly that would be great if you could.

Good idea Gemma i was thinking about doing a bit of both make a website up that people can promise an amount and then seend a chq to us or bring to the wedding, just worried about alot of cash at the wedding. how did you solve that?
  • Hi Hayley
    Have just spoke to my cousin and she said it's called www.trailfinders.com (click on the weddings/honeymoon tab on the far right at the top of the screen)
    HTH xxx
  • We stayed over night at the reception so we didn't open the cards until we went to bed - we asked our wedding planner to take them all up to the room when people arrived.

Good luck with it all!

Gemma xx
  • We asked for vouchers/money towards doing our house up, but wanted to answer about what to do on the day. We had a sign on the table saying the best man was collecting all cards and presents and then he had our car key and put them all in our car. We then loaded them into our taxi that night and took them to our hotel. BM had control of it all though and was great! Got to trust your BM though!
  • Thanks girls you have been a great help xx
  • we're getting married in july too! We're going to be asking for vouchers todo the house up, Using a poem attached to the invites probably. congrats btw!
  • No advise but congratulations!! image xxx