Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

(.)(.)

OW OW OW !!!

I gave up b/feeding completely on Monday and today my (.)(.) hurt SO much !!! I can't touch them !!!!

Replies

• Nice pic hun!
    Ouchy indeed! I know what mine felt like when my milk came in but I can't begin to imagine how much they hurt after bf!
    Oh, something that I did to dry the milk up was put a teaspoon on bircarbonate of soda in a glass of water and drink it - do this about 3 of 4 times over a couple of days. It's an old trick that even my mum did but it does work!!!
    xxx 5+4
  • Hi Lovely,
    Have you expressed a bit? When I stopped BF'ing, I expressed just a little bit each time they hurt and eventually the milk stopped coming in altogether and I had none of the 'milk flu' symptoms that I kept hearing about! xxx
  • I agree with Bert.

I stopped breastfeeding the twins last Monday - although I stopped as gradually as I could - and today is the first day I havent been in pain by lunchtime (my (.)(.) were making enough for 2 though so took a little longer and im still doing 2 bf a day - during the night)

I expressed a little whenever I felt in agony. You need to get rid of some otherwise you will end up with mastitus which really isnt nice! I have kept what I expressed (boys wont take ebm from a bottle) frozen and was thinking I may use it to make up their baby porridge when they have it. I know how you feel. Even touching mine was agony, and I couldnt wear a bra. It will get better.

Gemma, Ryan and Alfie (7+2)