Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09

Travelling was not a nightmare

after all.

:\)

Thought I'd let you know that my husband and I successfully flew to Ireland last week with Ethan. THe whole experience of travelling was fine - no problems with security at T1 Heathrow. Ethan was asleep when we went through security and they didn't even make us take him out of the car seat which was attached to the pram.

We were able to feed Ethan before the flight and the airline were briliant. We boarded first and they took the pram at the gate and had it readfy for us on the other side.

All in all - a happy mummy, daddy and baby.

Only thing we noticed is that security teams do different things at different airports. On the way back, we had to take Ethan out of the car seat.

On the downside - we took a serious amount of stuff for two days and going for any longer would have been a real problem. Also if I was travelling on my own with Ethan, I'd struggle with the luggage and baby.

Replies

• Glad your trip to Ireland went well and the travelling was better than you had expected. I went away with lo on my own last week and although it was a bit of a pain with luggage, I managed. Would have been better if the entire cast of bloody High School Musical on Ice weren't in front of me at security as they took forever to get through and had about a million bags each!!!!

Its amazing how much stuff a baby needs!!!! If you are planning on travelling alone with Ethan, I recommend getting a baby carrier (although they won't let you through security with baby in it normally) as it means you can wander around the airport without your arms feeling like they are going to drop off (Dylan is extremely heavy and is like a dead weight if I have to carry him for more than 5 minutes!!!) I got my carrier from a lady on here, who makes them herself (website is: mooboobaby) and its fab!!! x
  • St Rugbysgirl i noticed the same thing - flew liverpool to belfast when lo was 9 weeks - on way out he was allowed to stay in pram as asleep on way back they made me take him out even though he was asleep. my only real grip was the buggy wheel came off broken so it wont swivel any more is locked in straight as they broke the clip. i didnt have travel insurance so have to replace the whole wheel so my advice to anyone would be take out the travel insurance just incase your buggy gets damaged by baggage handlers. xx
  • Thanks for posting this, it's good to know travelling can be done relatively easy... makes me feel slightly better about booking a holiday to Majorca later on in the summer!!

Jx
  • DidSufis u need to take any milk onto the plane? We are flying at 6.30am so DS will need a feed at 7.30 and I'm not sure what the rules are ...
  • SW- you can take it on - they make you taste it at security x