Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09

losing my job!! shit!

well, what timing.. dh gets made redundant and now it turns out my boss has had enough and is selling up at Xmas of all times of the year!!:evil:

im not going to get screwed out of maternity pay am i!? i will still get it im sure?!

its so hard to find a job over here on the isle of wight.. its either residential care work or hotel work.. JOY!

Replies

• I'm not too sure hun, I don't know how they can pay maternity pay when the company doesn't exist anymore. Sorry, I honestly don't know hun but just wanted to say that I hope you manage to find another job.

Oh and another of our BIO Mummies is from the Isle of Wight (honeyboo) image x
  • your joking?! OMG!
  • aww lucy im sorry this is going to happen to you image

i dont have any advice, but im also jobless, i never went back after my maternitiy ended so living of jsa! if you dont get your smp could you be entitled to maternity allowance?

ashy xx
  • tyhats what i was thinking image if not i will mo0an and moan until i get something!!
  • I think you will be entitled to MA hun, plus the bonus is you get the whole lot, no tax or NI.

Sorry to hear about your job, what a shit time to lose it to!! Fingers crossed for you xxx
  • I'm from the Isle of Man 1ProudMummy - people always get confused!!!

Hope you get things sorted Lucy and either you or OH find something soon x x x
  • thanks girls! it would be alright if there were any jobs over here!! i will be hunting for a job for DH all night tonight! hehe
  • Im sorry you lost your job lucy not great timing!! Good luck with the searching for DH.
    xxx
  • Such bad timing hun. Good luck with the job hunting and I hope something comes up real soon.

x