Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Goodnight milk

Just wondered if anyone had tried this with LO yet?
I bought a tub of the Cow & Gate one but not tried it yet. It states you have to make it up there & then so the powder mixes properly as it's thicker.
However I make my bottles up in a morning (with cooled boiled water), leave on the worktp then add powder when needed. She only likes her milk cold/room temperature so not sure how I'd do it??

Anyway, enough waffle! Have you tried it? What do your LO's think?
xx

Replies

• I thought it was 12 month plus? I havent looked to be honest. I have just changed to follow on milk. I know everyone incl HV says its not worth it etc but H was so bored of the normal aptimil he just refused to drink it so I tried him on that and he will take more but still not loads. At least hes hydrated through.
    Sure you would be able to make the bottle up as usual and add water later. will have a look out for it x
  • dd is lactose intolerant so is still just on the normal lactose free sma.
    I know hv said at the start that follow on milk was not worht it really but I have no personal experience of any other type of milk lol!!
    No help really sorry
    xx
  • Blue Star, no huni it's 6 months +.
    DD has follow on milk usually then at bedtime she has hungry baby milk. She does get plenty of nutrition in food etc so not sure if it would be worth while really!!
  • Hi
    My LO is on the Hipp follow on milk and we got a free sachet of the goodnight milk.
    We do the same have the bottles on the side with water made up and just add the powder, which I did for the follow on milk. He likes it cold too.
    I found the goodnight milk so thick that he struggled to suck it out of the bottle and it didn't fill him up any more as he still woke up in the night. I decided not to carry on with it

• Well, there you go , you learn something new every day, a baby product thats age suitable that I havent bought already !!!!!! Need, must have now~! lol

May be something I will give a try to when he gets bored with follow on milk. x