Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Growth spurt?

Ava's been eating loooooooads the last few days - do they have a growth spurt at 9 months? Or is she just wanting the added energy??
Since being on the move she's slimmed down a LOT from the chunkster she was bless her, she's really tall too. Someone thought she was a toddler today she's that tall!!!

Anyhoo, rambled as usual! But just wanted to aak what your LO consumes in a day?

This was Ava's menu today:

18ozs formula.

Breakfast:
MASSIVE bowl of Plum super porridge with apple & apricot followed by a yoghurt.
Snack of 2x Organix tomato rings mid morning.

Lunch:
2x fish fingers (batter removed) with homemade potato wedges and a tablespoon of baked beans ( low salt & sugar!) followed by a dollop of Greek yoghurt, a satsuma and an oatcake!!

Dinner:
HUGE bowl of pasta made with spinach, Philly & cheese.
2x breadsticks and humous (sp?), a slice of bread.
Followed by Oat, Raisin & Apple crumble and custard, 1/2 a banana!!!!

Jeez my daughter can eat!!!! :lol:
I'm not complaining, am happy she loves her grub. Looks like I'm just going to have to up her intake a bit, otherwise she's going to eat everything I've got in!!!

How much do your LO's eat?? xx

Replies

• Options
    Hey hun, sorry g/c from Nov

Olivia went through a massive growth spurt from 7-8 months she grew 7cms in one month!! From 8-9months she only grew 1cm so Ava might be going through her's now.
    Olivia's eating has gone up, now she normally has:

Breakfast-Massive bowl of plum super porridge with apricot & apple
    7oz bottle

Midmorning-Organix rusk, Little stars jelly pot

Lunch-Bowl of mashed sweet potatoes, potatoes, carrotts, parsnips
    2 pots of yoplait baby yougurts
    Plum biscuit (either apple or pomegranate)
    Slice of toast

Dinner-Bowl of mashed Butternut squash
    7oz bottle

Evening-Organix rusks, sometimes little bits of unseasoned chicken from our meals

Nightime-7oz bottle

All this and she still is only 17lbs 8ozs!!
  • Options
    Hi huni
    No problem, you G/C away image

That makes me feel a bit better then as they sound pretty similar don't they?
    I got Ava weighed 2 weeks ago and she was 19lb 10oz's but is off the charts height wise!!!!

Wow, growing 7cms in one month?! Blimey, bet that was a good excuse to buy new clothes hehehe!!!image
    xx
  • Options
    phobe is a piggy anyway, she eats and eats and eats and eats!! she didnt put on any weight this month though, all that moving around!! still trying to fatten her up to get her in her new car seat!! image