Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

we found out the sex

We are having a little girl. I am so excited that we will have one of each. I am a little worried about how Alfie is going to react to the new addition to our family though. Does anyone have any advice? XX

Replies

• I'm so pleased for you hun!
    There's 19 months between James and Isabelle and I was also worried how James would react, he was too young to explain, but used to tell him mummy had a baby in her tummy, and he use to kiss and cuddle my bump all the time. We called my bump Izzy-bump and when she arrived, he knew straight away who she was. I have never had to worry about him hurting her, even if I popped out the room.
    Alfie will be fine, he young enough that he won't know any different.
    Take care xxx
  • Awwww congratulations Charlene - a pink bump yay!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm afraid I can't offer any advice really but I'm sure that Alfie will easily adjust as he's young enough to not really know any different yet.

Congrats again - have you picked a name? xx
  • Thank you both. We are also moving a couple of months before she arrives but alfie should have settled into the new house by then so hopefully wont disrupt him too much.

We really like Lily or Ruby so far. i am finding thinking of a girls name much harder than when i was pregnant with alfie. X
  • Aww, so happy for you, having one of each. I'd be really happy with a pink bump for number two as well!

Janine x
  • Aww congrats, you're very lucky. I'd love a little girl next too (whenever that may be, no plans yet!). From what I've seen with my nieces and nephews, sometimes they do get jealous but only for a very short time but they quickly start loving their siblings and forget about the jealousy. And especially since they'll have a small age gap between them, they'll be really close. Alfie will be a great big brother. x
  • congrats on the pink bump how lovely, really made up for you
    xx
  • Congratulations..thats fantastic!! Am sure Alfie will love being a big brother..and they will be great playmates for one another! xx
  • Wow that's great news!! xx