Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How about we do updates??

Hey lovely Ladies
we don't seem to post that often in here anymore so thought it'd be nice to do a kind of "How are we & our babies doing" post.

Edited to say she now weighs 17lb 3oz's at (now) 23 weeks image
She's reeeeally long too & growing out of clothes fast!

So, well my DD will be 22 weeks on Saturday & I have no frigging idea where the time's gone!
She's on 3x meals a day now and I have to say is LOVING her grub!! As well as approx. 26oz's of milk image
I dropped the dreamfeed nearly 2 weeks ago and she goes right through from 7pm - 7am yippee - mind you I'm not surprised on that grub :lol: Although I actually think I could have dropped the DF earlier - I'll admit that I was being selfish incase she then didn't go through the night. We've had a couple of early morning wakings but we put it down to the sunlight - so now have a blackout blind and (touch wood) back to 7am wake ups!

Well I have to say that I'm really, reeeeeally loving this stage with her. She can roll both ways, sit up on her own for quite a long time!, we laugh SO much together, she "talks" to me alllllll the time. She's like my little best friend and I enjoy her company very much.
We go out every afternoon (providing it's dry) and we usually do a 3 mile walk every day (well I do the walking lol!!) Infact the other day was really funny cuz we were going up a very steep hill & I was getting out of breath and she was just laughing at me!! Bless her!
I love Reading her stories - although she always tries to eat the book & they're getting rather soggy :lol:

So anyway that's us, please share what you're all up to, what you're enjoying, or even if you're feeling peed off.

Kelly & Ava xxx

[Modified by: xKelly77x on 26 March 2010 20:44:25 ]

Replies

• Options
    This is a great idea. I'm pleased to see that you and Ava are getting on so well.

Alfie is now 22 weeks and 1 day and weighed 18lb 15oz yesterday!!!! He is also on 3 meals a day and a pudding with his lunch and tea. He was having about 28oz but has gone off his milk the last couple of days and has been having about 20oz so i am not too worried as i think it is still enough. He has also started sleeping through till 5-6am whereas he was getting up at about 2-4 am for a feed. If he gets up at 5-6 he goes back to sleep till about half 7. He has gone till 7 a couple of times so i think it will only be a week or 2 before he is doing it all the time. Fingers crossed.

I too am loving him at the moment. He is pretty much sitting on his own and has rolled from back to front for the first time today although he rollled from front to back about 2 weeks ago and hasn't done it since.

I had an interview for a supply teaching agency back in Jan and my CRB check came back a week ago so i started my first afternoon today and i also have tomorrow morning. I have said i will do a day a week for the next few weeks then after easter go up to 2 days a week. It was horrible leaving alfie but when i got back i knew i had nothing to worry abot and he was absolutly fine.

Well thats about all the latest on us. Hope everyone elsse is well and enjoying their babies as as kelly said they are growing up so quickly.

Charlene and Alfie

XX
  • Options
    Good idea,

H s 23 weeks and 5 days. He weighed 17 lbs 9 oz this weeks. He is on 2 meals a day and so far loving food. Thanks to weaning process and light mornings he is not sleeping through at the min. Reintroduced dreamfeed to make up milk amounts and last night ( whispers ) we got a full nights sleep for first time in ages. He goes to three meals on monday and think this will make all the difference along with a black out blind which will get over weekend.

He is like your lo abs fab at this age he chuckles and giggles and nearly anything and loves to snack on peoples nose's. He is rolling over tummy to back frequently but still getting the hang of it the other way. He does sit up but when he realises i am not holding him he wobbles and tips !lol he needs more practice. He loves exploring the range of his voice , esp at 5 am in the morning and like prob all mummys here has a smile that melts my heart and absolves him of the sins of keeping me awake all night!

Am going back to work in 5 weeks time and am dreading it. I cant believe this time has gone so quickly and so far i cant pick a favourite stage they are all great in different ways. Thats about it from us really. Hope you all keeping well xx
  • Options
    Good idea Kelly!

DD was 19 weeks old yesterday and i wish i could keep her this size for a bit longer...shes growing so quickly. She has 2 meals a day and around 30oz of milk still. She weighed 17lb 8oz on wednesday.

I love this stage too, anything makes her smile and giggle.Playtime is soo much fun. I absolutely adore her..feels like shes always been here. I love mummy cuddles..and the way her little face lights up whenever i walk into the room.

I have to back to work the first week in July and im dreading it. Its only 2 days a week but its on my mind all the time. Im going to miss her so much.

Hope all the mummies and babies are well. Cant believe were nearly 5mths...seems like yesterday i had a big bump!! :lol:

Lauren and Mylie 19 weeks old xx

[Modified by: Laurenandmylie on March 19, 2010 08:32 AM]

• Options
    Lovely Idea

Well, the boys are now 23 weeks 4 days and are growing well, despite all our numerous problems! Ryan weighed 15lb 2 oz and Alfie weighed 14lb 1.5oz on Monday so still quite small, however, while 3-6 month bottoms are still huge on their legs and tummies, I am having to dress them in 6 - 9month tops as their bodies are so long and their heads are so big! Theyre just skinny!

After initial problems with milk allergies and skin complaints we are now sorted with the milk, which is totally cows milk free, and they are on 3 meals a day of veg and fruit, which they love (most of the time!). They still will only take 5oz bottles (at the most) and are taking 7 a day most days! Im trying to cut out 1 of the night feeds at the moment as they still have 2! We are still suffering with silent reflux, which makes weaning difficult as acidic foods really give them tummy ache.

They are still very much developing at their corrected age (a month behind) so are not rolling yet (although I dont think they ever will as they HATE tummy time). However, they are laughing and have just started to recognise their hands and feet which is very funny. Its lovely to see them playing with toys as this has taken a while to develop. They love stories and spending time with other babies. Alfie has also started recognising Ryan is there and just lays and stares at him!

Alfie still has horrendous excema and we are in the process of being referred to a dermatologist as the paed has run out of ideas. He is in a lot of pain and its awful. They are also fairly poorly due to suffering a horrific bout of bronchiolitus which I have been told will now affect their breathing and any colds etc they get till theyre into later childhood. Ryan has just had a chest infection that almost had us spending a night in hospital (his temp came down thankfully)

They are hard work but I love every minute. I have been doing a few days back at work which has been nice, although I miss the boys like mad. I start back for 4 days on 19th April and, although I know it will be hell leaving the boys at home, im actually looking forward to it.

Anyway, ive rambled, as usual!! lol

Gemma, Ryan and Alfie 23 + 4
  • Options
    Ahh - I love this !

DS is now 24+2 and last week weighed in at 16lb8. He can roll over both ways but once he is on his front he can't get back and gets very frustrated !!

He's not sitting yet but is much stronger and I don't think it will be long now.

I haven't weaned him really. I did start a few weeks ago but then he didn't want to know so I decided to leave it until he was six months as I wanted to do BLW.

He was really poorly last week so DH suggested I start giving him some food now to try and build him up. He has a slice of DH's banana in the morning along with some apple and banana puree which he seems to like.

He's a very up and down baby at the moment. Sometimes he'll be so happy, laughing and screeching and othertimes he'll be a right whingebag and nothing will amuse him. I'm not sure why this is and its frustrating because I don't know how to make him happy when he's like that!

He's a very good boy at night - he generally sleeps from 7 till 7. He has done since he was about 6/7 weeks. Recently he has started waking at 6 but I think this is to do with the light so I have just ordered him a black out blind for his room. The last two nights he has woken at 5am crying - I don't know why !!!! Yesterday he wouldn't go back to sleep but today I gave him his dummy and he went off again until 7.

During the day he generally has three naps. One in the morning - which used to be 45 minutes but recently he has been having quite a long sleep in the morning - anywhere from 1hr30 to 2hr30! He then has a nap at lunch time of about 45 minutes and another one in the afternoon of about 45 minutes.

He has four bottles a day - 8oz - although in the last week or so he hasn't been finishing his bottles ... he'll leave an oz or two on two or three of his feeds.

All in all he is GORGEOUS. He's such a beautiful little baby and I love him to bits. He makes me want to have a huge family ! LOL DH is fab with him too and he adores his Daddy - the smile on his face when Daddy gets home from work is priceless !!!

I'm now not going back to work until September which is fantastic! I get the summer off - yippee !!! I officially start back in August but am taking August as holiday. I'll be going back three days a week - but am still waiting for my formal letter from work! Grr !!!

Anyway - I think that's about it !! LOL

x

[Modified by: Smithyswife on March 19, 2010 10:02 AM]

• Options
    What a fab idea, love reading everyones stories so far.
    Well Seth is 23 weeks on Sunday, where has the time gone. He's now weighing nearly 19lb.
    He LOVES his food and is on 3 large meals a day aswell as around 26oz milk. Around 3 weeks ago something clicked and he is now sleeping 6.45pm to around 6.30pm sometimes later which is magical!!
    Now he is sleeping longer he is a different baby in the day and is so happy always smiling and grinning and chatting away to me. We go on long walks everyday as he loves the fresh air and helps me loosing weight!! I've started taking him to work me and teaching him how to run the farm from an early age!!lol
    I LOVE being a mummy and cant wait to get pregnant again to give S a little baby bro or sis.
    Thats us!
    Sxx
  • Options
    I forgot to add that Seth is now rolling over from back to belly and back the other way and can sit up unaided for a little while. He can move backwards when he is on his front and whenever i leave him in one place on the floor he is never there when i get back!!
  • Options

Hiya

Great Idea hun i sont seem to have time to get on here anymore, like i did when i was pregnant.

Jake is 22 weeks and 2 days and i dont know where the time has gone either, i look back on photos and cant believe it is my LO as he has changed so much.

Jake is now on 3 meals a day now and he loves his food so so much sometimes a little too much he gets a bit greedy and sometimes it decided to make a reappearance but he has always beena sicky baby. He is taking approx 30 oz of milk a day still i do hope this changes soon as he eats so much solid food i dont know where he puts it all.

Jake is still going through a phase of waking up during the night and taking a whole 7oz of milk thats why he seems to take so much throughout the day. He has got better though and now actually goes back to sleep so usual night is goes to bed at 7pm and wakes about 3-4 feed and backto sleep untill 7-8 so thats not too bad and i persume he will go back to sleeping through. image

Jake can roll both ways, and is always trying to sit up from laying down he is so strong. He can nearly sit on his own but gets a bit giddy and falls over, obviously i catch him lol. He is a chatty box and is always having a giggle at me and i love to see the big smile on his face and making him laugh, he makes me so happy.

I try and go out with him as much as possible and love to tell him about what is going on. I love him so much

He loves his jumperoo and laughs his head off at me singing along at the songs and gets so giddy bouncing away bless him image

Lovely to hear about how everyone is getting on

Love
    Hayley and Jake xxxx
  • Options
    Evan was 20 weeks on Thursday and now weighs 15lb 14.5oz, He was born at 11lb 4.5 so he's putting weight on very slowly, which is a bit surprising. I thought because he was so big at birth, he'd be huge by now, but is quite petite!! He is utterly gorgeous, wherever we take him, people comment on how lovely he is, how chilled out he is! He's very well behaved and a very happy baby. I'm so proud of him.

We go to baby group, and a sing and rhyme at the local library, we go walking a few times a week, and he loves his waterbabies class, he's a natural in the water!! We get out and about as much as possible, he loves the supermarket, he loves interesting lights and ceilings!!!

He's only rolled over a couple of times, so quite lazy on that front!! He's very strong though and loves to stand while we support him. He loves his baby gym and his swing. We started him on baby rice this week and it seems to be going well.

I'm back in work in mid June and dreading it!! But hopefully, only three days a week, and the nursery is right next door.

Jx
  • Options
    It's so lovely to read how all the October babies are doing!

Dylan is 21 weeks today and last week weighed 17lb 3oz. I felt proud that all his weight gain was down to my milk.

He is a very lazy baby! He rolled from tummy to back when he was about 11 weeks old and is now too lazy to bother. He gets to a certain point in rolling from back to tummy and then decides he can't be bothered although it looks like its more effort for him to roll back to how he was instead of letting himself go onto his tummy!!! He can sit unaided for about a minute but only without his nappy on (he seems to balance much better).

I gave him some baby porridge on Friday for the first time and have tried every day but he just pulls a face and spits it out (I've posted in baby about this as I'm not sure where to go with weaning from here).

He is still waking up atleast twice in the night and seems to sleep much better if he is in bed with me (which I know I shouldn't do but I have been feeling so run down with the night feeding I'd do anything for a good nights sleep!)

I am still trying to cope with my PND, some days are much better than others but I am going to as many baby groups as I can and trying to get out and about as much as I can, which is difficult as I don't have many friends nearby and no family living in England. I am not taking any medication though as I did try some but it passed through to my milk and I had a very cranky boy for a few days, I decided then I would prefer to continue breastfeeding and try and cope with my PND than take the tablets which may or may not have helped.

I would add a photo of my little boy but don't know how but if anyone wants to see, feel free to add me on facebook, my name is Josephine Killey (Josephine isn't my real name but my friends use to call me this instead of Jo at school.)

Jo and Dylan x

• Options
    Callum is 22 weeks tomorrow and weighed 14lbs 12 when I got him weighed 2 weeks ago, so I'm guessing he's 15lbs something now (the baby clinic only happens once a month in our village!).

He has chilled out so much compared to how he was a few months ago. He is getting used to the whole napping thing and now sleeps quite happily in his hammock!

We haven't started weaning yet as he still hasn't doubled his birth weight, so he is still exclusively breastfed (which is great for my weight loss!!).

He loves to sit and can now sit independently for a minute or so before wobbling into mummy's arms! He thinks standing up is the best thing ever and loves to stand supported by us, or in his door bouncer. He gets very excited stood up and makes the cutest cooing sounds! He rolled from his front to his back at 17 weeks, but I think he does it more by luck than judgement! :lol: He can roll from his back onto his side (especially when there is milk waiting for him!) but he hasn't rolled the whole way from back to front.

Despite sleeping through 7-7 at 12 weeks for a whole week, that stopped when we went to stay with my parents for a week and he hasn't done it since! He now wakes for usually 1 night feed and wakes up anywhere between 6 and 8.30! (The 8am onwards wake ups are rare!)

I'm planning on taking the whole year off work (so go back in October) and will go back 2 days a week image We are still deliberating whether to use a child minder or a nursery - I just want Callum to be as happy as he has made me image
  • Options
    Hi everyone image

Harry will be 6 months this thursday!!! Last week he weighed 15.15 and is putting on about a 1lb a mth compared to some of your babies he seems a bit smaller for his age (one of the oldest) but he is still gaining so i'm sure there's nothing to worry about!
    He is on 3 meals a day, fruity porridge or rusk, veg mixture for tea (i put a bit of chicken in last wk and he had a mini roast!), fruit in the afternoon and plain rice for tea. He watches us like hawks and gets really excited when he see's his bowl, sippy cup or bottle!

Harry has only just started rolling over completely, and cries when he gets him arm stuck! He loves standing though and is really strong on his legs image

We also have no teeth yet, but he's constantly knawing on his fists (good job as i melted his teethers in the sterilizer last night! :-0 ) So i think they may be on the way..

We have just dropped his dream feed and now he sleeps from 7pm-7ish am but sometimes stirs about 6 and goes back to sleep if i pop his dummy in! We have been having a bit of broken sleep this week as he keeps waking with his tickly cough :-/

I am currently applying for a part time job as my smp stops mid may and we need to be able to afford our wedding in September! I have found a few teach asst jobs in our local primary which i have my eye on as im a nursery nurse but want a bit of a break from the tiny ones!!

I love being a mummy and love the way he beams at me every monring from his cot.. not loving the face grabbing and hair pulling as i give him his bottle though!

Dx

• Options
    Hello everyone, I love reading about all the babies!!

Well my ds was 5 months exactly on Sun, so one of the younger ones. He is my gorgeous chunky monkey, topping in at 18lb 4oz last week. He is on 2 meals a day, but will prob start a bit of tea next week. We certainly haven't had any probs getting 'real' food in him, he loves it all! We're still trying to tackle water, I don;t think he really sees the point, but we get an oz or 2 in at lunch so will keep going.

He has rolled from his front to his back, but not back to front yet, leans over really far, but just needs that extra little nudge! Today he has sat properly for about 5 mins or so unaided which I was so excited about. We were on a playdate, so think he was showing off to his mates, lol!! He also loves to be upright so we have just got a walker which he loves already, even though he can;t get anywear in it.

He has just started sleeping 10:30 - 6ish, which has been fab! Sunday was his best where he did 10:30 -7, we felt drunk on sleep! We had break through last wk where we could settle him with dummy when he woke, and now for past 2 nights he hasn't even woke for that. Still early days but he's really heading in the right direction sleep wise and we're super proud!!

We don't have any teeth either, but like a lot of the others have said, we have constant hand knawing, dribbling and rosy cheeks, so I'm sure it won;t be too long.

I love being a Mummy and taking part in all the Mummy activities in our area, I had no idea there was so much to do! I certainly don't miss work and am not looking forward to going back to being a teacher image but I don't go back until September and doing 3 days a week, so that's not so bad. Still got a few months left in which to win EuroMillions too, so will keep trying with that one aswell!!

xxxx

• Options
    Hello ladies,

Loving the post and catching up on all!!

Isabelle is now 25 weeks (really a Sept baby but I'm not leaving you guys)! She was last weighed on the 23/02 at 21 weeks and was 15.9lb, weigh in is next wk lol, so if I follow the 50th centile she should be approx. 16lb 1oz.

I started weaning about 11 days ago, she still not really interested and is having only one meal a day, and still reacts as if I'm feeding her poision, bless her. She should be having 5 x 7oz bottles, but prob only takes 4 bottles on a good day and never finishes them, but she's not loosing any weight so she's clearly getting what she needs!

She is such a happy little lady, she really only cries if she has wind and talks non stop. She's a little flirt, smiler and has the biggest eyes I've ever seen. She rolled over and back on her the 26/02 as her brother was opening his 2nd birthday pressies as if to say don't look at him, look what I can do, she's getting stonger sitting up, but isn't quite there yet. Some nights she sleeps through and others its up once in the night, but its only briefly so I don't mind!

Take care all

Love Ali and Isabelle xx
  • Options
    Hi,
    I love all the updates too!
    Well my LO is 6 months on Tues, I can't believe how the time has flown.
    He is getting weighed and measured tomorrow as part of his 6 month review, he was 15lb 13oz a month ago though. He is so long and the health visitor said a month ago that he looks longer than average for his age, so can't wait ti find out his length.

We have 2 teeth, they came in about a month ago but the last couple of days I think he starting again, lot's of red cheeks and hand chewing again! Not sure what ones come in after the bottom 2?

We have also started weaning aboout 3 weeks ago and are now on 3 small meals which he is loving.

He is rolling side to side but not right over yet.
    When I put him on his tummy he is trying his best to move forward, bless him he get's so frustrated that he can't move!!

I am back to work end of July for 4 days and not really looking forwrad to it at all!

xx

Well he was weighed today and is 18lb 5oz and he is 70cm long (on the 91st centile!!) No wonder he is out of all his clothes length wise so quick!

[Modified by: nessie2 on March 26, 2010 01:34 PM]

• Options
    Hia
    Dd is now exactly 24 weeks. 3 weeks ago she weighed 15lbs 11oz so she has now caught up with average babies (she was 5lbs 3oz born). She is on 3 meals a day and 4 bottles.
    She has just mastered rolling over both ways and can sit unaided for 10-15 seconds depending on her mood.
    She has not got any teeth through yet though she is showing all the signs of teething.
    She has been sleeping through since 6 weeks and now sleeps from 6.30-8.30 and has brekkie at 9.
    Bri loves her walker and her door bouncer and smiles and laughs all day long. She has 3 naps during the day and the only time she cries is if she is due a nap then as soon as you put her down she goes straight to sleep. She also loves going out in her pram and she has been to the park twice and loves the swings.
    Nessie2 - I also go back to work at the end of July!! I'm going back full time though image Just not thinking about it at the moment and am enjoyng every mimute with dd.
    think that's it lol!!
    xx
  • Options
    Hi Everyone!

Well ds is now 22 weeks today, where has the time gone?
    He's such a happy baby and couldn't imagine life without him now.
    I was a bit naughty and started to wean him early as he's such a big boy. He's now on 3 small meals a day and loves his yogurts now :\) Which is prob why he now weighs 19lb 2ozs!

Standing on his feet is his favourite past time. He can roll on his side but not right over yet and has just started to sit for a while.

No teeth yet, altho quite glad as i'm still breastfeeding. Didn't intend to for this long but he hates bottles. One thing i would love to improve is sleep time. He's still waking 2-3 times a night for feeds and is tiring me out, bless him.

I've decided not to return to my part time job after maternity leave, childcare would have been more than what i was getting. I'm so glad that i've got time to enjoy Caden now like i did with my first son. I'm a very lucky mummy!! image