Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Sleepsuits - small ??????

is it me or do Sleepsuits come small...... my DS has just gone into 6-9 months ......

I wouldn't say he is a massive baby...normal size I guess.....he's 75% on the centile line but he should still be in 3-6 as he is only 4 and a half months old !!!

Some of the them are from M&S and some from Asda - so I do have a mixture of posh and chuffing cheap ones...yet he is out of both !!!!!

crazy crazy !!!!!!

DLAM xxx

Replies

• Or do they shrink in the wash a little?
  • Ohhhhhhhh never thought of that !!!!!!

I just thought it was the tumble dryer that shrank things (dont use it for DS's stuff !!)

horray - I don't have a fat kid !!!!! haha

DLAM xxx
  • Logan is the same DLAM! Probably should be in 6-9 months sleepsuits but am holding on a little longer lol. Also 75th percentile line and 5 months old nowimage

Outfits still fit perfect though!

• funnily enough i just went through his vest and sleepsuit drawer tonight and ive ended up with only 5 that actually fit him!! i feel a shopping trip is needed asap poor thing.

the other thing is growbags, he has gone through 3 so far that are too small although they say 0-6 months, from boots and mamas and papas, so need to be buying the next size up already.

they grow far to fast.
  • The sleepsuits I've purchased say on the label that they are supposed to fit snug for safety during sleep. Perhaps that's what you are noticing? Benjamin is big - 98th percentile and almost 5 months - and wears 6-12 month clothes now. All the sleepsuits are snug...different from regular clothes.
  • Anelia is 19 weeks and we've had to go up to 6-9month clothes already.

She's very long in the body and her 3-6 tops are all cropped tops on her now. They just grow too quickly image

Childrens sizes are as unpredictable as adults - my 3 year old is quite tall and we can only buy her 4-5 year tops and some of them are starting to look tight image
  • Yeah ive noticed that vest and babygro's are the first to go, C has been in 3-6 months for the last few weeks but is mostly still wearing 0-3 month clothes.xxxx
  • Jemcol I found the sleeping bag I got from boots was too small before Dexter was 2 months old image can't comment on m&p though. Mothercare own ones are pretty good though I think and a bit cheaper than grobags. I think i'm going to have to pin D's sleeping bag to the mattress though DH went in this morning and he was on his side with his legs wedged in between the bars. Happy enough but gave DH a look of 'yeah...I may be a bit stuck' lol!
  • boots growbags are tiny, im thinking im going to stick to supermarket brands at this rate, the amount of money being spent at the mo on clothes!!
  • yes to sleepsuits and yes to sleeping bags! I'm about to upgrade to the next size for both. Liv is 75th percentile too but I don't think she is especially big. I was in Debenhams yesterday and picked up a t-shirt thinking it was 3-6 months and it was for a 12-18 month old!! mental
  • To be fair some clothes come up differently even in the same shop- I got a cool t-shirt from primark in size 9-12 months because that was the smallest they had and Dexter fits in it already.
  • With sleepsuits it largely depends on where they are from - and they do shrink in the wash. I find most are not too long but are quite fat, if you know what I mean. Some are really odd, like really long arms but short legs etc ... I think it depends on the shape of the baby as well. SO find what fits your baby aproximatelly at certain age and then stick with it lol!
  • yup totally agree, pops was in 6-9 months at 3 months, and she is not overly big!!! we dont tumble dry as i believe they shrink a little, it is a little worrying though :lol: