Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010

I know its probably just a fluke but..............

I got 8 hours sleep last night with 1 20minute feed, which i may have caused coz i think i desturbed her,lol. I went to sleep at 11 and she was fast asleep, expecting to be up an hour later (12-12.30 is her usual time) i came to at 2.50am and she was still sleeping so went to check on her and hubby gave me a telling off and told me to leave her,lol. 2 minutes later she was up but went back down easily after a feed till 8.10am when i had to wake her to do the nursery run.

NOTE TO SELF DO NOT POKE YOUR SLEEPING BABY COZ YOU THINK SHE ISNT BREATHING,LOL.XXX

i know this post is a bit pointless but ive been so sleep deprived recently i had to tell somebody,lol.xxx

Replies

• isnt it fab when you get a real nights sleep again, although you still end up getting up to check on them, im the same placing my hand on ds chest to make sure he is still breathing!

fingers crossed for you that this is the start of many a long sleep night to come!

send some sleep dust my way, my ds had been sleeping through the night from 8 weeks but not anymore im now up twice during the night again, oh well they do keep us on our toes!
  • It's weird isnt it Biba went for 7 hours last night too! Glad that we all managed to get a good nights sleep for once, lets all hope and pray that it isnt a one off! xx
  • We also got a good nights sleep last night! He only woke up once between 8pm and then I had to wake him at 7am. He hasnt done this in AGES!

• There must be something in the air,lol. and i hope whatever it is stays put and filters some over to you jemcol,lol.xxx

moomin-mama have we been given the same child,lol. They both seem very alike.ha.xx
  • Boo, teething attack - looks like last night was a fluke after all!
  • lol, we werent as good as thursday night but not bad. 12am, then 3am then 7am but have to say that is still very good in comparison.xx
  • Well after a mammonth meltdown at bedtime she slept til 2am then to 6am - although it was probably more to do with the calpol than good fortune!
  • lol, im not holding up much hope for tonight, weve just had a meltdown which has resulted on her falling asleep on me with no feed.

Moomin-mama have you started weaning yet, i tried a little babyrice tonight and she was for none of it so the signs i thought were there obviously werent.xxx
  • Yes, we started weaning last week - baby rice to start which she has really taken too, although i have to make it quite thick for her. I tried her on some pureed carrot today which she was quite confused by and most of it got spat out, but will keep trying as she spat the baby rice out the first time!

Biba was watching us like a hawk at mealtimes trying to grab out at our plates (she lies on the sofa between us while we eat as it's the only way we have found that we can both have dinner at the same time!) When we feed her we both hold the spoon and she attempts to feed herself - it was around day 3 though that we actually got progress, so keep at it!
  • Can you send some of that my way please?! I'm still being woken for feeds every 3 to 4 hours and on a bad night in between feeds too!!!! I need sleep!!!!!!!!

xx
  • I will do hun, i really dont think she likes the baby rice but i have some aptimil porridge for 4 months+ so might see if she likes that, although im thinking of holding off till the weekend as last night she slept, 9-4 went back down and is still sleeping 9.20am, now that has to be a big fluke,lol.xxx

My first lo wasnt keen on carrot at first, she came round to it but i found sweet potato and parsnip more of a hit (parsnip still is she eats it instead of potato).xxxx