Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010

Nappies?!

Hi ladies,

Hope you're all doing ok! Not been on BE for a few weeks, seem to have been crazy mad busy!!

Just a quickie q - what nappies you all using now? DS is 20 weeks and now weighs 15lb 12oz and he has always been a pampers baby and I've used their new baby range. However now hes growing out of them I got some pampers baby dry nappies and theyre useless!!! He used to sleep 11-12 hrs but now is waking up as he's wet! They just don't seem to absorb his wee like the new baby ones did?!

Any recommendations of nappies would be very welcome! I've heard (and read excellent reviews) on Tesco own brand nappies - anyone tried them?

Thanks in advance ladies xx

Replies

• I Found my lo used to soak through nappied because he was driking so much milk 30oz at 6 weeks. He drinks that now lol.

I find tesco's own are fine for day use size 4 hes nearly 18lb and huggies size 4 super dry for night he wakes once for a feed sometimes 2 so change once a night though.

Was using pampers simply dry they are cheaper for some reason and they were good but i find huggies abit bigger.

I just get whichever is on offer tbh

• We use Tesco and have never had any problems. Poppy's in size 3 and I use the superfit during the day as they're thinner but just as absorbent so don't make her bottom so bulky! At night I just use the cheaper standard Tesco ones (green pack) and by the morning her nappy is really heavy but it doesn't seem to bother her at all. We used Pampers to begin with but tried Tesco because of the huge price difference and they've been fine. xx
  • We use asda little angels comfort fit day and night, i used there newborn ones and then moved on to them, we have never had a leak only the odd explosive poo but i think you would get that whatever nappy you used,lol. C is 14 and a half pounds (20weeks) and we are using size 3. They great price as well 2 packs for ??10 and there is 60 in each pack.xxx
  • I tried the pampers baby dry on my son and he leaked out of them every time. I gave the rest of the box to a friend who uses them!

We now use pampers active fit and have never had a problem with them.

• We used the pampers new baby when finn was 1st born and now we use the pampers simply dry size 3 finn is 19weeks (14lb 5oz) ive never had a leak, have tried some of the tesco ones but they seemed to leak at the side a little bit!! x
  • We used the pampers new baby when finn was 1st born and now we use the pampers simply dry size 3 finn is 19weeks (14lb 5oz) ive never had a leak, have tried some of the tesco ones but they seemed to leak at the side a little bit!! x
  • we are on pampers midi size 3, DS 15lb 7oz, and they really hold the pee in for during the night, his nappies weight a ton come the morning, ive heard alot of bad reviews on the pampers baby dry, i believe they have recently changed them and now are prone to leaks.

I did try the little angels range loved the newborn but not liking the size 3 i find them too rough which was a shame loved the price!

dont have any other supermarket near me to try their range, but what about boots own range are they any good?
  • I've been using the Pampers Swaddlers size 2-3 and they are working well...although nothing holds in his poo explosions. I sometimes use the Pampers overnight and they seem to work about the same as the others. I've also tried Huggies Little Snugglers and they are okay.