Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Oh no I've become what I hate!

I've become a competitive parent *ashamed emoticon* I swore I wouldn't be one but I aaaaaam *sob* how can I rid myself of this affliction? Tell me!

Replies

• Options
    ha ha yes its so easily done, i shall join you in that club, im trying hard to bite my tounge when i want to start a sentence with ' well today DS did....' lol also need to cut back on the amount of baby talk i do esp with friends that dont have kids, im such a bore now!

oh well it just shows that we are interested and proud of our darling babies, id be worried if we werent!
  • Options
    hahahah oh bless you !!!!

Im unfortnately the complete opposite - when DS couldn't lift his head up on tummy time I used to go to baby massage and show everyone how rubbish he was.......

Look at my Lazy boy.....he can't lift his head - the rest of the group would be there with their babies looking around !!!

can't wait for his to do something that I can be competitive with...lol

DLAM xxx
  • Options
    Funny! I know what you mean! Although I don't really care if he is ahead or behind (as long as normal)...I am also telling my parents and hubby about his accomplishments and occasionally comparing him to older babies. Our nonbaby friends have turned us into weeknight friends...saving the weekends for those who aren't carrying around a LO!!!
  • Options
    Oh yeah he is doing plenty of things - i'd say he's right where he should be for his age but I can't help being slightly annoyed that he isn't at the same level as my friends baby. Who is a month older and stupidly advanced. Hence why i'm so disappointed with myself!