Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010

I'm back!!

I'm ridiculously excited that this site is working on my phone again!!!! Shame I'm not spending so many hours feeding anymore as I spent hours on here, that and watching tons of midsomer murders. (secret guilty pleasure!)

I am LOVING being a mummy, my little girl is fantastic and life's pretty good at the mo. Can't believe my little poppet is 4 months old already, where does time go??? Can't believe this time last year we were just waiting for that all important 12 wk scan! My best friend is due next month and I'm trying to remember everything to tell her and it's bringing back tons of memories, it's going to be crazy holding her baby as mine will seem so huge in comparison. image:cry: Makes me feel all sentimental!

The best thing is still that first morning smile, oh, and making her giggle with raspberries, and hearing her 'talk' as she's just discovered her voice, and, well everything really!!!!

Hope everyone else is doing just as well and is as happy as we are! image

Replies

• Hey sweetie,

It's nice to hear your update and that everything is going well. I agree the time has FLOWN by! I want it to slow down a little, i'm due to go back to work in June! image

I went to see a friend who gave birth to her daughter recently and my LO seemed like a giant. It was weird because i felt quite nervous holding her and can't remember my LO ever being that small.

I agree, the smile is a heart melter! i could watch my LO all day, he's such a happy baby.

xx
  • Hi hun, good to see you back, i dont get on as much as would like but def couldnt be without my be fix,lol. So glad you are doing so well, C is 20weeks now and i just cant believe how quick she is growing and how much of a little personality she has, im with you on the raspberrys it is so cute when they giggle and C is now doing it back although at the moment its more spitting than blowing,lol.xx
  • Oh no Km!!! I'm lucky as I get to be a sahm as I was studying and just helping out with my hubby's business, both of which I can continue, are you going back full time? It might be nice to have a bit of a mix of mummyhood and adult company, to look on the bright side! I can see why you want time to slow down though. Is your lo going to nursery or family?

It's funny isn't it, how you can be so comfortable with your own bubs but I still feel a bit nervous with anyone else's when they cry. I saw a newborn at the baby clinic the other day and I felt so sad that my gorgeous girl's not a newborn anymore, which is silly as I love every new stage she reaches, think everything she does is amazingly wonderful and I love watching her grow!!

Ahhhhhh, angel, do they do it back??? I didn't know that! I can't wait, she's just discovered her voice which is so comical, I'm excited about hearing her blowing raspberries.

It's so lovely that we all have such happy bubbas, shows what good mummas we all are. It's nice to check back in with all you lovely ladies, we've been on such a long journey together already, I've missed having chats with everyone, although I prob won't be on as much as we're getting a lot more active awake time these days!!
  • I HAVE to go back, much as I don't want to, hubs has even suggested me not going back but I like to have my own money and we really can't afford for me not to.

Like you said I'm sure nearer the time I'll want some more adult conversation but right now I'm LOVING being off!!!

On the plus side it will only be part-time and my MIL will have LO so i'm sure she'll be really flexible.

What are you studying FD? How long do you have left?

xx
  • Km i have to go back in june as well, ive got a few days to do next week as well, have to say as much as im dreading leaving C i am kinda looking forward to being me for a few hours.xxx

FD C starting blowing them back last week its so funny, even does it in her carseat, makes its hard to concentrate when driving,lol.xxx
  • I've been meaning to reply for ages, I even wrote half a reply and then had to go and do something and be lost it for me and I didn't get a chance to retry til now. I guess I don't have as much free time as I thought to come on here!!

I'm in the middle of training to be a counsellor. It looks like they won't be running anymore of the course here but we're moving soon so hopefully I'll be able to carry it on where I left off here. I have about a year to two years left, depending on how far I'd like to go. Ideally, i'd love to take it further and become a cognitive behavioural therapist, but that will probably have to wait until the lo's, (as I hope we're blessed with at least one more.....not yet tho!!), are at school and I have the time for uni work. At the moment I love the job of mum that I've got now but I know I'll need more to do in the future, I don't want to end up totally lost when they do get to school age. I can't imagine that happening but I'm sure it will be here before we know it the way time's flying now! It'll be nice to bring in some money too. Take some of this 'caveman must provide' pressure off my hubby, although he's managing very well so far, it would be nice to share the burden. What jobs are you both going back to? Hope your trial few days go ok angel.

I'm loving every little milestone they reach, every new noise or movement is celebrated, she's going to grow up thinking every little thing she does is wonderful......except if she's being naughty when she's older obviously!! She looks so proud of herself when she gets tons of praise for doing stuff,

so cute to see her get so excited. Oh dear to the raspberries in the car, I'm distracted enough driving as it is!! :lol: