Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

how much sleep does you little one have?

M still seems to sleep a lot! She has her cereal and bottle at 8 and is asleep again by 9.30! She then sleeps till 11.30, dinner at 12 and asleep again by 1.30! She's perfectly happy but just seems to sleep most of the day! between 8am and bed at 9.30pm she will have had at least 6hrs sleep and then sleeps 10pm-8am. so 16/24hrs!

Do i just have a lazy baby or do your little ones sleep a lot too? xx

Replies

• Think your lo sound perfectly normal as they say a baby should have an average of 15 hours a day.

My lo on the other hand was doing 6/8 hours but does seem to have up it this last week to abot 10 just wish he wouldn't wake every couple of hours for a feed.
  • Mine is going to bed for 7pm and waking 6.30am and waking inbetween a few times.

Then has a nap at 9am-11am then 1pm-3pm so quite alot of sleep in the day. But sometimes will split naps up having half an hr then a longer nap

• i only used to be able to get biba to have 3 30 minute sleeps a day but in the last week she seems to be sleeping for up to 2 hours at lunchtime - albeit in her pram after a walk. On a good day we now have 3-4 hours of naps in the day and she sleeps from 8pm to 7am ish with 2-3 wakes for feeds.