Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pram rant!!!

So annoyed my m&p pliko pram is broke the brake cable has come away from the back wheel meaning it wont turn around.

They have said dhl will come and collect it but i will b with out a pram for 10days!!!

I wish i never bought this pram i would love one that parent faces. Hubs wont let me get another image

Snugglenush or plumduff u had a prob with yours?

xx

Replies

• When it is fixed you could always try and sell it on and put the money towards one that you would rather have, you can maybe justify it to your husband nore easily then? We have m&p sola which does both and i can really recommend it x
  • can you not get a 2nd hand one off Ebay ???

you could also look in the 'community board' at your local supermarket.....

roll on a few weeks time when the massive car boot opens down the road - can't wait.......my mum and dad got a brand new high chair from there last year - ??4....yes...??4......result !!

DLAM xx
  • We nearly got the pliko but went for the switch instead as it's very similar but has forward facing option - you could say that as this fault has happened you dont want a repair or replacement of the same pram and try and wangle a new one or money off a new one?! xx
  • did ask if i could swap for a diff one but they said it would just be repaired!!

I love the sola but cant justify spending on a new pram will just have to stay in for 10 days or use the sling.

lol did say that to hubs cant we ell it and buy a diff one but he says we spent all that money on the travel system so will have to keep it.

xx
  • hmm BE went strange then - no idea if my post sent or not!!

Just to repeat lol - not had any probs with mine carebear. But it doesn't get particularly heavy usage to be honest - jsut round shops, short walks - drive most places you see.

Sorry that yours has broken already!

I also love the sola by the way! Didn't like it when I first went pram shopping - I had my heart set on pliko you see so was blind to all other prams haha!

• I'm pretty sure that when Maenad's Mamas and Papas pram broke they loaned her another while they fixed it.....

I have the Switch. They are bloody heavy aren't they? If I could have my time again I would do more research - sadly I fell in love with the spotty fabric. Doh.
  • They didnt offer to loan me one! Maybe i should ring them.

I too had my heart set on this pram and had my blinkers on lol!!

Wish i looked in2 it more. It is a nice pram but feels abit cheap to me and isnt all that light and easy to fold etc.

xx
  • Oh no care bear sorry yours has broken already! I haven't really had any problems with mine but I don't like the brake at all it's really easy to pop off just by pushing the pram forward. Agree with you that it feels cheap especially as it costs so much! I'd definately go for something different if I had the choice/money.
  • cant you not ask for a refund due to the inconvienience and say you have had to go out and buy a new one as you cant be without a pram for 10 days and since they didnt offer you another one you had to pay out? x
  • Well much to my surprise dhl have just delivered the wheel section so just a case of replacing them.

Did say this to the lady on the phone that it was just the wheel section but she said they would need to inspect it??

So, very pleased good customer service for once!! Will just have to stick with this pram and try and love it as much as i did when i bought it lol!!