Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Can someone point me in the direction of hole to bury myself in!!

STRESS! Have had one of those weeks ladies - so bad I am currently having chinese takeaway and wine!

1. Logan has had bad diarrhea now since Sunday - been to docs today and he has gastroenteritus image Poor thing is pretty poorly with it so not slept much!

2. Back at work now 4 days but having real problems with the male teacher who covers my class on a monday. He isn't teaching what we agreed he would - he just didn't bother to teach any oliteracy!! Thing is my performance management and pay is determined by the progress my class make in literacy and numeracy. Went to headteacher but she didn't really give me any idea of what to do. And he left my classroom in a mess!

3. We got the call today - Ofsted are coming in on Tuesday!!! Normally I woldn't be to stressed abot it - have been ofsted'd now every year of my teaching career. But I'm just not ready - I have been given a class that the teacher left in Oct and they ahve jsut had supply teacher after supply teacher until now!! Nothing is up to date the classroom is a complete dump and the books are a mess. I just don't have time to fix everything - I know it won't be my fault but I have High expectations of myself and want it sorted - was just hoping to have a bit longer!!

Replies

• Options
    Hey hun,

Ive just got off the phone from my friend who was Ofsetd'd today and for the rest of the week. She said it went sooooo badly that she burst into tears and had to leave the room.

Tonight she got a call from the head to say she was marked with a 2. (I hope you understand that score!?) so she was worrying about nothing!!

Are Ofsted aware of the situations in the classroom, ie. are they informed of the background of the class you're teaching and how long you've been with them etc?

I hope Logan starts to feel beta soon, poor little soul.

You're doing so well being back at work already, I can't imagine going back just yet.

Fingers crossed for your observation, let us know how you get on.

KM

xx

Oh and enjoy the wine and takeaway!image
  • Options
    Awww hun, sorry your having such a hard time, sending big hugs and hope everything settles down soon. Oh and extra big hugs for poor logan, hope he better soon.xxx
  • Options
    KM - Yes the headteacher has ensured me that the inspector will know that I have only jsut got back in to school and the difficulties the class has faced with all the supply teachers etc - so he knows the crap results are nothing to do with me lol!!

Ofsted really doens't bother me normally (being in the kind of school I am in I am constantly being observed) - I was jsut hoping for a little bit longer to settle back in!! Thing is this isn't even a full inspection - it's jsut a maths one and we are due a full one before the end of the year. Joy of joys haha!!

Anyway off to bed now - going in to work early to get some more work done!!

xxx