Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010

Bedtime?

Has anyone changed their LO's bedtime? At the moment Dexter has a bath at 8 and bottle and bed at about 8:30 which is working ok but i've noticed in the last week or so he has a nap around 7 or 7:30 so starting to wonder if I should start to move his bedtime earlier? He doesn't start getting grumpy until we get him out of the bath and will sleep til anytime between 7 and 8. Should he be going to bed earlier? I'm worried if we start putting him down earlier he'll wake up earlier in the morning. What to do!

Replies

• this has happened to me this week, normally we start bath at 1930 and he would be asleep by 2030 but he hasnt been taken his 5pm naps anymore and by 6pm he is exhausted, so i have been taken him up to bath at 6 and he is asleep by 7pm, this does however mean he is up at 6am eeekkk once i got him back down till 8am but ..

so i guess you have to decide if you prefer a few hours a night to yourself to unwind or those precious extra hours asleep in bed in the morning!

i also started doing this as he wont settle himself to sleep anymore so i thought perhaps he was overtired so tried to get him down sooner but it hasnt helped much!
  • I haven't changed Lo's bedtime but have also noticed T has been skipping his late afternoon kip and going down around an hour earlier. He normally goes down around 8.30pm but tonight I put him to bed at 7.45pm.

His routine's been shot this week, one day he's awake at 6am and then next I'm having to wake him at 8.15am!!

So, no advice, but there seems to be a pattern forming with these October babies! image

xx
  • Interesting reading this. I dont bath our lo every night, more like every other. However, after his afternoon nap he would take a quick nap between 6-7m before settling in his crip at 830-9pm. Today he didn't have a late nap and was happily bouncing in the door bounce at 645pm! I put him down at 7pm and we shall see how long he sleeps through for.

Would prefer for him to go to bed at 730 and awake at 730am as this would mean that hes not wanting a feed whilst my husband is getting ready for work. We shall see, I may have to tweek what he wants as a routine to fit into the family tmies!
  • My lo has been going to bed for 7.45-8pm and last few weeks found he was ratty by 7 so started putting him to bed by 7pm. It meant hubs didnt see him but it worked well for 3 nights then 4th night noticed he wasnt ready at 7pm so last night went back to old routine.

He slept till 5am which is good for him and i didnt hav to go in2 him to settle at 12am. But he still wakes up for 6.30am if he goes to bed at 7pm or 8pm so i feel hes missing out on sleep.