Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

upset tummy

Bit of a pointless post really.

All day yesterday and again today Tyler has had a bit of an upset tummy, ive never had so many dirty nappies lol. Should i take him to the doctors?? It seems to slowly be getting less and less at each nappy change but its grainy and korma curry like, newborn nappies all over again!!

Not sure if its a wee bug he's caught or if its the pureed carrot i tried to feed him on Friday, or maybe the ice cream he had on Thursday be he barely had a teaspoon, 2 at most.

Anyway, just wondering if I should take him to the doctors, dont suppose there is much they can do....gonna offer him some water so he doesnt dehydrate.

Any advice would be muchly appreciated image xx

Replies

• Aww, poor Tyler and poor you too! I dont think one meal would cause continued loose nappies so Id guess a bug or teething?

Like you say.. Hydration is important. Keep an eye on amount of 'wet' nappies if theyve reduced or not, and his fontanelle and eyes, make sure theyre not sunken. If your worried take LO to the doctors, thats what theyre there for! And peace of mind can be a wonderful thing!
  • Hope he feels better soon!
  • Thanks for taking the time to reply image

Well I have had another day of constant dirty nappies, a couple were bright green and mucousy looking!?? Thankfully he doesnt seem bothered by them he seems fine in himself, doesnt have a fever or anything!!

Hopefully it will clear up soon, I will continue trying to feed him water, he wasnt too keen on it earlier on!! Im not overly worried at the moment but im not sure how long I should continue waiting it out before going to the doctors??

Thanks again for your help Palmtree!! image

xx
  • Poor Thing!

Hey Logan had gastroentiritis and to be honest the doc would prob give you same advice we got - just keep him hydrated!! They can't prsecribe anything really for upset tummies apart from dioralyte which is just a rehydration thing. Just keep offering him lots of water and keep an eye out for any signs of dehydration. If it carries on for longer than about 3 days you should prob go see the doc though just to be safe.

Hope he gets better soon!

• Hope Logan is feeling better snugglenush!! Its awful when the are unwell, im just glad it doesnt seem to bother him its more me and the number of times im up an down the stairs to change him lol.

He has been like this since Sunday morning, mite see how he is tomorrow an make a docs appointment for end of the week. Meant to have baby sensory tomorrow, probably better giving it a miss tho!!

• Just to say I hope Tyler is back to normal soon Bryony, I would definitely take him to the Doc's though if it were me, like Palmtree said, it's peace of mind if nothing else. Then again, i'm a complete worry wart about everythingimage
  • oh koukla im a right worry wart too, im gonna phone the hv tomorrow to see what she suggests.

He really seems fine in himself so hopefully whatever it is will clear up soon. This is the first time he's really been unwell apart from having colic as a newborn!! Oh and its THAT week so im feeling a tad hormonal lol....poor hubby cant do right for doing wrong lol x