Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

AF Question

How long does it take for periods to go back to normal after babies? I'm having a bit of a panic because I've had a few normal cycles but now I'm 4 days late image I don't think I'm pregnant we've not had very much sex and when we have we've used condoms but apart from that or post baby body still working itself out I'm really at a loss as to why I'm late. As much as we want a big family the idea of being pregnant again already is a bit scary!

Anyone?

Replies

• I went straight back on pill this time.. So my af is dictated timing wise. But with ds.. I remember it was like this-

Waited 6 weeks for first period- had 3 months of 28 day cycles, normal, then suddenly I had two random 36 day cycles! I paniced both times but it was just my body adjusting I guess. You can get cheap dipstick preg tests twin packs for a pound in pound shops and wilkos just incase! X
  • Hi hun, im still bf so no getting at all at the moment, although 7weeks after C i got one then the next cycle i got the pmt, bloating and crams but no af, now i just get the bloating and pmt with no af,lol. Last time i was a bit like palmtree had one at 8weeks then every 28days till about the third one then my af was 37days and thats the way they stayed till i fell pregnant with C. Now my pmt comes on every 37days.xx
  • Ah thanks ladies, I did do a test just to rule it out and it was negative *phew*. Just have to wait it out then I guess!
  • Mine is a bit messed up to be honest. I am not sure ever when I am due on lol I lost track a bit last month lol!! I have always been sooo regular too - from the moment I started periods I have always been on a 35 day cycle - until I started ttc haha!

• Im quite lucky in that my af is more or less back its usual 28 day cycle but is anyone else finding that their af is heavier and more painful than pre-pregnancy?? It could just be because im not back on the pill yet!??

xx
  • Good to know I'm not alone. I had 3 regular cycles and now am quite late (not sure how many days). definitely not pregnant but was getting a bit worried it wasn't normal. seems like it is though

And yes much heavier and more painful but then again I was on the pill forever before trying and haven't gone back onto it yet so that may be the cause of this