Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010

Adding to brood & choosing more baby names!

Just a bored - nosey - mummy question!

First time mummies.. Now you've had your little one, are you thinking of baby names for number two which work well with your first lo's name? What have you come up with?

My first is called Eoin (pronounced Oh-in), and my second Felicity. Eoin is a very Irish name, and Felicity is very English so rather different, but when spoken together I thought they sounded nice!

And mummies with more than one already, what are your lo's names?

If I had a third I think.. Imogen or Oliver? Mmmm..

Replies

• Benjamin Louis is my first.

If I was lucky enough to have a second, and a girl, then Clara Jane, or a boy, then Jack -- or twins then Clara and Jack. image

Yes, I guess I have thought about this!

Terrified to go through it all again. We haven't decided.
  • No more for us, one is more than enough!
  • good question! No I haven't thought about it at all! For a girl though I love Madison and Skye and I think either of those names sound good with Logan image No idea for a boy though!

• I'm with u moomin mama!!!
  • Being welsh our girls are Seren and Mali (pronouced Mally) xx
  • I'm always thinking about names for the next one/s, we want 3 more image !! I think Max works well with Dexter but I don't want to fall into a patten of babies with 'x' in their name lol! I still like our choices if Dexter had been a girl which were Florence or Rosheen (I know its supposed to be spelt Roisin but DH insisted it should've been phonetic spelling :roll: ).

Little Button I love the name Seren, my Welsh cousin wants it if she ever has a girl but it doesn't really work with their surname sadly.
  • I love both your name Little button!
  • No more for us, boohoo,lol. If i had the money and space i think i would go forever,lol.xx

We have chloe and Carrie.xx
  • thanks plumduff and snuggle image xx
  • No more for us either, he's had the snip!!

But i've got:

Cole Sean, Aaron Stanley and Riley Jack

I'm not sure the twins names go with Cole, but i think Aaron & Riley roles off the tongue, it's funny but when people ask the twins names i can't say Riley & Aaron as it doesn't sound right!!

xx image
  • oh. I wish we could have baby number 2 but its that horrible thing called money that stops us......can't afford to live off hubbys salary so I can be a SAHM and I don't earn enough to cover 2x nursery fees..

we have Declan ...we both struggled for boys names...back up name was Dexter.....

for a girl we had loads of names but we decided on persephone (per-sef-o-nee) we both still love love love the name but it doesn't really go with Declan...hahaha

lave all of your names.....xxxx

loving my boy so much and its horrible knowing that he is going to be our only child...... we can't even wait until he's at school as i'll be 40 by then !!! ouchie !!!
  • Omg I really have thought about this, alot!! ha!

I think we will only have one more. We already have Maisie, so if we had another girl she would be called Millie or Bronte and if we had a boy he would be Jack. This is all a loooooong way off yet though!! x
  • Well all being well we're going to start ttc this time next year.

We already have Ava Rose Matilda. We like loads of names but the fore runners are;

Eliza Lily, Amelle Fleur, maybe Darcy?

Boys are a struggle, again!

Any ideas welcome.

:lol:
  • I found boys names tough! We went for Eoin (oh-in) irish name with first, but glad my 2nd was a girl, had loadsa girls names! But will run a few of my ds nursery friends names by you for inspiration!

Dylan

Max (about 5 of them!

Oakley

Declen

Landon

Calum

Bruno (love it!)

Adam

Shea

Carter

Thats all I can remember! X
  • I have Henry and Isabella they seem to go quite well together. Isabella was the only girls name we had as I was convinced I was having another boy so had loads of boys names. Think we had 7 on our list :lol:

My hubby has said no more :cry: he has always said he only wanted 2 so can't really argue! x
  • Oooh what a nice post to start back in BIO on...

...we would like another 2 and prob think about it again next year (once we've saved some money!! :lol: )

We've got Isabella Ruby so would need something to match that but got no ideas really! Any suggestions girls?

SF xxx
  • Thanks Palmtree.

We do like Irish/Celtic names;

Fynn and shay are 2 such faves. If I don't come up with the goods my hubbie will have more ammunition to name our son Christopher junior, as his father and his father's father were all Christopher's.......yawn. No way!
  • My first is Oliver and my second William. We have discussed more and said in the future if we can afford it maybe 1 or 2 extra image.

As for names we have loved Evelyn for a girl since we were pregnant with ds1, but boys names have always been a struggle.