Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Those of you who have 2+ babies now...is it different?

Palmtrees question made me want to know what your experience has been adding another babe to the brood! We are trying to decide whether to stay with one or try for two. Is it hard to get pregnant after nursing all year? We're trying to BF for a year. But would like to consider a second baby at that same time, too.

Replies

• Options
    Hi,

Theres 3 years between my two so cant help with the bf/conception bit!

But I can say my ds (3yr old) absolutely adores his new little sister! Since the day she was born he has always tried protecting and loving her. He watches her grow every day and is astonished by little things, like this morn she managed to push her dummy back in with her hand and he was in shock/delight that she'd learnt too (used to be his job!!)

So I say.. Whats different with two is watching them play together melts my heart TWICE over! image x x x
  • Options
    My ds1 self weaned at 11 months, I got 2 periods after this before falling pregnant with ds2, so as long as you get you cycle back there is no issue and this can appear at anytime when bf.

I'd recommend you stop using conception as soon as you want to start trying regardless of it returning or not as many fall pregnant again on the first cycle back.

Good luck, there is 21 months between my 2 and although it can be hard work it's brilliant and I'm am already starting to see how nicely they are going to play together image