Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Logan has dropped his afternoon nap!

Like hte subject says - Logan is now having about 45 mins in morning then a good 2 hours nap at lunch and that is him then till bedtime.

Strange thing is though - that he seems to be going to bed later and getting up earlier!!!! LOL not sure how that one works.

He eating more proper food at nursery now too - he had lamb hotpot yesterday and vegetable balti the day before! Not usre my parsnip puree is going to cut it today! So making chicken casserole tonight for us all with baby stock cubes and ill jsut take Logan's bit out before I add the salt!

Replies

• Reading that makes think "CHRIST! they're growing up!!" image and image x x x
  • I know what you mean palmtree - I wasn't expecting him to drop his afternoon nap for a LONG time!!!
  • Snugglenush, i know that this might seem an odd question but how did this all come about??

Biba is now 20 weeks and it is more and more difficult to get her off for her pm nap - OH is out with her now in the pram trying to get 20 minutes out of her. The problem is that we both have a fear of a complete meltdown well before bedtime at 8omand that we will be in for a night from hell if we try and let her go through without one. She usually wakes from her afternoon nap at 2.30 and goes for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

Did logan show any sort of sign of readiness or did you just bite the bullett and take pot luck as to whether he needed it or not?

Sorry for the 20 questions but i'm starting to think that Biba might be ready to go through as she always wakes from her pm nap more grouchy than before she had it!
  • It would appear moomin that it was just a phase lol as he is now back to his afternoon naps!

To be honest, it happend at nursery his dropping of afternoon naps. It seems to me if he manages a good 2 hour lunch nap then he can last until bedtime. But I struggle to get him to do that at home haha! Am going to have to ask nursery what their secret is!

• Oh no, thats a shame for you. Biba didnt nap today, OH came back home after 20 minutes of walking her around and she was just as awake as when they left - think that it is a fluke though, we didnt have a particulary exciting afternoon and she had a long lunchtime nap (albeit in her pram) - we did have to move bedtime forward by 15 minutes though, which considering the clocks changing tonight probably wasnt a bad thing!

Lets hope that we all start not having to worry about those afternoon naps soon!