Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

We have a tooth!

Logan has cut his first tooth!! It is only just peeping through the gum but it's definitely a tooth!! No wonder he was so grouchy for the last few days and suddenley so smiley today!

It is in a strange place though - it is on the bottom but further to the side than I thought it would be.

Replies

• Yay - one done a load more to go.

Amelia has cut her first 2 at the bottom and I think she's working on 2 at the top but the ones to the side if the centre so if they do she's going to have a big toothy gap for a while. Not too bothered as her big sister did the same.

Teeth seem to appear in random places but tend to be pushed into place as more and more appear. I've some pictures of Big un from 3 years ago and the gaps between her teeth look much bigger than they are now.

Oh and if he's anything like my little lady you can spend a fortune on teethers but her favourite thing to chew on is my finger (ouchie at times) image
  • Totally agree with the finger thing biba is at her most happy when she is chowing down on my knuckle! She has a tooth really close to the surface in a similar place snugglenush - weird isnt it.
  • lo has two just under surface in the same place but seems to have not been causing him discomfort in the last week but im sure it will flare up again.

Cant wait

• DS first tooth cut today, and i had no real warning apart from today when he just wouldnt settle, his tshirt was soaking wet with drool, and i totally cried when i looked into his mouth and saw it, phoned hubbie in tears at work and he thought something serious was wrong! me and my emotions still what a nightmare!

got some smiles before bedtime so happy knowing he isnt going to sleep in any pain.
  • We have one just under the surface in the same place. I thought it was weird too, thought the ones dead centre would come through first. But saying that, it's not popped through yet so you never know. I find it hard to look unless she's screaming her head off, as if I look when she's awake & relaxed, she just sticks her tongue out or tries to eat me! She's massively into chewing my knuckle too, can get quite sore! She just tries to gnaw on everything in reach, so funny, she's just started trying to eat the bath water. :lol: