Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Getting a new pram!

Just wanted to share - I have fallen out of love with my pram so much i'm getting another! It's off ebay though so fingers crossed its as lovely as the one in the shop was. I've got a m&p pliko atm so need to sell that now, have got a m&p sola instead, wish i'd got it to begin with.

Did feel the shop assistant was a bit patronising when I went in to have a play with the sola though, I said I didn't like the fact I couldn't have the pliko parent facing anymore to which she replied 'didn't you realise it changed to forward facing?' hmph well I did but I really enjoy talking to him when we're out and didn't think i'd have to put him forward facing til he was older. *grumble grumble*

Replies

• Oooh GC but I have the Sola and LOVE it!! My LO is 24weeks now and I put her forward facing for the 1st time today while we were on a walk and I missed talking to her so much that I spun her round half way round the lake so we could natter :lol: Enjoy! x
  • I know what you mean hun, ive got the silvercross 3d and have found myself using the carseat on it so that i can talk to her, im lucky i have a 3in1 pram for walking in the village & doing the school run and stuff so she is still in carrycot of that at the moment and then when she goes into seat it will be forward facing. Although im vry jealous at you getting a new pram,lol. I have 4 in the house at the moment (including an stroller for later on in the year) so coulnt justify a new one,lol.xx
  • Thats what i now fancy, but since they sent replacement wheels i cant justify paying for another pram. I have had quite a few comments lately saying that they like my pram so i kinda like it now. lol!!

Enjoy ur sola what colour u getting?

• Love our Sola, hope you do too! xx
  • Getting it in green/grass. It's 2nd hand though so it was about ??100 cheaper than if i'd got it new. Need to get the pliko onto ebay now. Care bear could you not do something similar? How are you getting on with the new wheels on yours?
  • i love my pliko but totally understand why you getting a sola! I wasn't expecting to have to go forward facing so soon!

• The new wheels are fine ive got sliver brake pedals now woo!!

Think i will keep it im kinda loving it again now. lol!

Were still in pram mode i love it like that and lo sleeps so well and i can wrap him up well like that. Hes nearly touching the top of the pram though.

Thought i'd change it to pushchair in a month or so.

xx
  • Got the sola through today (really good actually seeing as it was only sent yesterday) and I lurve it! Dexter was facinated by the patten on the inside of the hood too so I think we have a winner. Really pleased I went for it just hoping that I can at least cover the cost of it from selling the old one.