Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Toys 6m

Now that the LO are all begining to sit up, explore toys more etc im wondering what toys and chairs to replace bouncers and mats etc you are buying.

Ive picked up a few things but looking for a few more ideas what have you all got?

Main things ive got

VTECH first step walker

vtech crawl ball

vtech nursery ryhme music book

sit in activity walker

ring things that they sit in and play with

fisher price animal train

stacking cups

toys r us big lizard with bits n bobs on it

shape sorter - looking for some recommendations

and then some smaller stuff

also picked up a pop up pool and cant wait to use it although there are still quite a few months away till that happens but got some balls so it can be a ball pit or water pool.

Replies

• Options
    wow you have alot more than me! Hadnt really thought about stuff for walking and crawling. Just bought him a play mirror because he just love to look at himself lol! Got his jumperoo too. That crawl ball sounds good x
  • Options
    We have the vtech walker thing, mum bought i at christmas, i also have loads up in the loft from my first so have to have a rake and see whats there, i know there is def one of those animal train which is just fab.xx
  • Options
    snugglerush, it was his christening the other week and we got quite a few things as presents and the rest with vouchers, i had great fun shopping as its the first time ive gone out to do a big toy shop, as at christmas they were too young for prezzies really, iam trying to be good and stick to a budget as i know how quickly they grow out of stuff, i have some vouchers left so just seeing what ekse everyone else got!
  • Options
    For a great shape sorter I can recommend this one http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/shop/toys_and_games/baby_and_pre_school/learning_toys/107518846_sort_and_spin_blender.html?Affiliate_ID=googlesp it was my eldests who at 2 still plays with it at times, but lo loves it even if he doesn't understand it image

Other things I have are pianos, bells etc, a weighted bounce back donkey, one of those boxes that play music whilst there is a moving image (this is also a big hit). I got cubes that when placed in the box tells you what the image is on this, this also works for my eldest as it as a mode to find the animal.

His favour toy is his big brother who for some reason lately has become the funniest thing on earth :lol: