Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Teething or Weaning related...

we starting weaning George last week at 22 weeks.

He's just had some carrot, banana and some sweet potato (all separately) and his poo's have gone weird!!!! anything from chicken korma (sorry!!) to dark green runny one's!

I also think he's got a tooth about to pop through - well i can feel a sharp bit but the gums aren't red and he has no other symptoms but i've read teething can affect poo's? is that true?

Do you think he's eaten something he's not agreed with, or is not ready for weaning or,

Do you think i just perservere as its probably weaning related or just a result of teething?

Lxx

Replies

• Its probably both - sorry I know that isn't much help but thats how it is.

I always introduce 1 new taste every few days just so I can see if there are any side effects to certain foods.But in the same way random foods affect our digestive system they do for babies.

There are lots of people who see everything up to explosive nappies when lo's are teething. General thinking is they swallow loads of drool and it has to work it's way out.

Dont complain if the teeth are just working their way out, I wish Amelia was like that - she's been a right grump all day but all we've got is a few swellings on her top gum image

If he's otherwise happy, eating and drinking then I wouldn't worry too much. Fingers crossed it settles in the next few days
  • ive had just over a week of constant korma poo nappys with the occasional green slimy one just to surprise me lol. And like your lo Tyler had no other symptoms, was perfectly happy in hiself. I think jojums is right, it could be teething and/or a bug but I would just continue as usual. Just watch out for signs of dehydration image

• Thanks Ladies,