Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Summer Holiday....?

Hey lovlies

I just wondered if any of you are having a foreign summer hol with your babies this year? We've just booked a week to Cyprus when LO will be 9 months old....eeks!! Already panicking about what to take and especially about the feeding/sterilising etc!

Is anyone else in the same boat?

Replies

• Took us ages to decide where to go, we ended up booking a gite in france for a week, luckily they have all the cots, high chairs toys / equipment but i will no doubt end up still packing millions.

DS will be about 10 months when we go, so will be on solids, and i have no worries about picking up local veg etc and cooking it in the gite for him, by that stage you dont need to be sterilising the bowls, spoons etc i shall however take his own spools bowls i think for familiarity, however he may not actually care what he eats from by then shall see nearer the time.

I am of course taking my own bedding for him, shall have to buy a cheapy light holiday pushchair, although i speak french and used to live there i will no doubt take all the lotions and potions that might be needed from here. i can imagine that i will have a huge list of things to take havent really thought yet, but on this I MUST DO HIS PASSPORT!!! sorry shouting at myself as i reminder he he

cannot wait for some fun in the sand and water!
  • We booked a week in Ibiza just before Noah was born and he's going to be almost 9mths when we go! So looking forward to it but not really sure what to expect as we haven't been abroad since our honeymoon 5yrs ago, so it'll also be ds1's first foreign jaunt!

I have his passport photos done but haven't sent it off yet as need to get his brothers done so I can send them at the same time.

We've hired a cot and steriliser but are going to buy a cheap stroller as I'm not trusting them with my Quinny Zapp as last time a friend went abroad her pushchair was trashed after the journey out and they had to buy one while they were there!

Not really sure what we'll do about his food, I suppose it really depends on how well he's doing but I'm sure we can mash up some if what's on offer in the hotel.

My only worry at the moment is what size clothes he's going to be in as he's probably going to be between sizes with the age he'll be. I'm desperate to get him some 'holiday' clothes like his brother but I'm just going to have to bide my time to see how big he gets nearer the time!
  • We are going to Guernsey (my family are from there) on the plane and the whole family are coming with us. They are providing cot and highchair (its self catering), we are going to buy a cheapish pushchair and hire a car with carseat.

Logan will also be inbetween sizes nicolaf - he will be ALMOST 1 year old!!!
  • Sadly for me hubby wont fly so foreign summer hols are out of the question! i was thinking about somewhere in the uk if we have the money for a long weekend - not as brave as you guys!
  • We're going to Portugal im May when our son will be 8 months! We've got his passport sorted but I also need to get planning on what to take. I'm an awful packer and always struggle to keep in the weight limit so god knows what I'll be like when it comes to packing for ds too!!!x
  • We will probably just holiday for a few days somewhere in this country, im not keen on flying although we have been on the boat the last few years, but this year we are having to count the pennies a little.xx