Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Constantly Sobbing and Sobbing !!!!!

I'm in a complete mess.......

I was made redundant just before DS was born so I have been trying to get a job for the last month......I've had 6 interviews and I loved one of the jobs so much...I found out on Friday that I got it.....

I'm really happy and so proud of myself yet I haven't stopped crying since I got the news...the job is 28 miles away and DS will be in nursery round the corner from the house.

I will be starting work next week - full time...and it's suddenly hit me that I will be sooooo far away from him.... its tearing me apart !!!!!

I know Im going to love my job and I know he'll be fine (he won't even notice Im not there!!!!) I'll be turning up to my 1st day at work with bright red eyes as I will be sobbing dropping him off....

anyone already gone back full-time ???? how did you cope ?

DLAM.....sob sob sob sob.....

Replies

• Options
    First of all congratulations, so glad that you have found a job you are going to love.

Not back yet but still remember returning to work after was born.

My advice is take some cooling eye pads and makeup with you. I cried for months afterwards everyday. I did find it a little easier if it was dh dropping off, so he done it as often as he could.

Thankfully everyone at work was very understanding and never mentioned the red eyes and would just smile and try and cheer me up. image

If it's a good nursery they will understand and won't mind the odd call to see how lo is doing, I did this a couple of times. Also I did a few sessions before going back. 1 hour with me there, then 1 hour watching on the monitor in the office and then 1 hour where I went off. This gave me the knowledge that he enjoyed it there which helps deep down.

Also would like to mention there are days when they cry as you leave, I find the easiest way to deal is wait outside the room listen and usually in less than a minute they stop and start playing. They know how to play us from such a young age image

Forgot to mention that I work 18 miles away and can get to the nursery in about 1/2 hour if needed ad it's usually during the day and little traffic to worry about, so try not to let the distance worry you.

Good luck and hope you have a great first day.
  • Options
    Congratualtions - it must be such a relief knowing you've not only got a job but a good one.

Don't worry about it, if it becomes a big issue you can always change things. Nurseries don't mind phone calls especially in the first few weeks.

You can always investigate nurseries closer to work - but remember if you have to drive home with a poorly baby in bad traffic it's not fun. However it may be what you need to do in the future.

I'm sure most of it is realisation is the little baby bubble is about to burst and life has to find a different level of normality..... Once you find a new routine everything will seem very different.

Oh and think of those extra few things you can afford now you are working again image
  • Options
    oh thank you so much for your replies....

I wish my hubby could drop DS off in the morning but he leaves for work at 7am and they open at 7.30......my new job is with a small family firm and they are all family orintated (sp) so they are being really flexible with my hours and with me getting through rush hour traffic...

I have only got a week to get everything in place and now its here I just want to go back to work....even though I am kinda ready for it too

The nursery is a fab one which is attached to what will be his 1st Primary school and my friend said her DD skipped into her 1st day at school as there were 4 children in her class from the nursery ....I like that idea for DS

I know the 1st few weeks are going to be hard and I know he'll love it there, I just can't stop crying !!!

I think Im going to ask hubby to go into work late next week so we are both there on his 1st drop off !!!!

I think it is also hard to take as it will be hubby picking him up so it won't even be me who he see's 1st !!!!

DLAM xxx
  • Options
    hia sweety - i saw on fbook that you got a job. COngratulations!!

I am back at work 4 days so almost full time (and being a teacher I may aswell be full time!!)and I have to say that I love it! You get in to a routine - and Logan is so happy at nursery and has made so much progress that I don't feel bad taking him in a morning.

It will be hard for you - expecially with having so little time to prepare yourself for it, but your LO will learn alot at nursery and develop well, interacting with older babies.

Let us know how it goes - and jsut try and keep smmiling!!

• Options
    Hi

Thanks again for your replies......Im happy to say that after talking to the recruitment agency this morning, they suggested I delay the return to work for a week and get him settled into nursery 1st....

My contact only returned to work after Maternity in Jan so she knows how I feel

I feel like a weight has been lifted...I can get DS settled into his routine next week and I'm only round the corner and then I face work the following week

I think that a new job, new company, 1st day at Nursery all in work morning was a bit too much to take on board....

Just the odd tear instead of the uncontrollable sobbling..

thank you all again for your help

DLAM xxxxxx