Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010

PU/PD/CC

hey my ds no longer self settles and this has been going on for about a month now, so im trying to nip it in the bud before he gets too old to change this habbit.

im doing the pu/pd technique and have now introduced controlled crying, it normally takes him 5 mins of crying to fall asleep, i leave him no more than 7 mins but im being paranoid after reading some articles and because of a comment from my mum that i should leave him to cry at all.

im at the door (out of sight) at all times and if he got into a really upset cry then i would go get him.

Does anyone else do this technique? or think its ok to let him cry for those few mins?

Replies

• if Tyler is unsettled I leave him to cry for about 3 or 4 minutes after which i go into his room, give him his dummy and stroke his head/face for a few minutes which usually works but if he is overtired or overstimulated this doesnt work and i usually pick him up and rock him for a few minutes. I cant see a problem with leaving your lo for 7 minutes, you hear stories about people leaving there lo for anything between half and an hour which im not sure i agree with. xx