Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weaned poos

Sorry if this is massive TMI but i am getting a little concerned and i couldnt speak to HV about it as we got turned away from clinic this week as they were too full.

I have recently moved Biba onto 3 cubes of puree at tea time and 2 cubes at breakfast (tried to introduce lunch but i think it's too soon). Since she has been eating more solids her poos have completely changed and dont know if what she is going through is normal.

They are now like a grown up poo and come out in 50p sized lumps which are soft, thing is that she has to strain for ages to get very little out, as the poos are soft i dont think she can be constipated but surely she shouldnt be having to put in so much effort for a soft poo?

It sounds so weird asking this, but does this sound similar to the poos that your LO's had when weaning got into full swing?

Replies

• Options
    yes ive noticed my lo's poos are harder and more adult like. Think its normal. Just make sure she has a drink with her solids to help her go.

• Options
    Yup same here! Logan been weaning a while and his poos very adult like!!
  • Options
    Just wanted to say when ds1 was having toliet issues my hv pointed out the it's hard to pass a really soft poo as well as a really hard one so the straining sounds normal.

I would just make sure she is going regularly, is not an unusual colour and that she is happy.

My little one is on the pureed poo stage, isn't it weird the disscussions you have as a parent image
  • Options
    Hi,

It's completely normal and agree with jodibump about just making sure she's regular and happy. As to the colour though you do need to make some allowences - Dexter's first experience of carrot resulted in an extremely orange poo!
  • Options
    Sadly it's definately constipation, i had to help her to poo last night. She is all backed up and is losing her appetite. I think it' partly to do with the amount of banana she has been having. I dont normally do pouches with her but will see if i can get a very fruit heavy one when we go shopping later to see if that will help image
  • Options
    Miss moomin, make prune juice for her.

Take a few prunes, pour hot water over them and leave overnight, then dilute with water and give to Biba. Not tons, a little bit will work.

And yes she is constipated, so needs fluids. I d just try offering her water a bit more.

Hope she gets tummy sorted soon!
  • Options
    Thanks foxoo, will go and get some prunes tomorrow, poor little sausage tried all day to get out a tiny hard pebble, it so sad. Got her an ellas kitchen pouch which has prunes in so maybe that could help a little.

She has her sippy cup with water but most of it ends up on her, will make sure that she always has it to hand though xx
  • Options
    Weetabix helped my LO! Also i find that she does "perfect" poos when i let her lie naked for a while. Maybe the nappy stops it coming out easily. Could you give her a drop of fruit juice instead of water? x