Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Has anyone else had a complete nightmare with teething??

Or is it just us? image m still has no teeth but the past 3 days has had every symptom going that one is about to cut through. She's got a cold, cough, drool and snot coming out of her like a running tap, refusing bottles, fingers in mouth, awake most of night crying...the list goes on! I am so tired I cannot wait until this tooth arrives. I keep checking her gums but still nothing! Arrrgh!! Took her to docs yday and has no temp etc and doc agreed may be teeth. My poor little girl is suffering so bad. Pointless post really, just wondering if anyones LO's have suffered this much? X

Replies

• Hi Sarah,

Sorry to hear Maisie isnt feeling any better, surely she will pick up soon!! Did you try the suggestions on fb...the karvol plug in thing or neurofen??

xx
  • Yeah, Biba has been suffering like this on and off for a couple of months now - i can see all the teeth just under the gums but still no sign, i am hoping that given that they all look imminent that they may come through in quick sucession.

We have been doubling up on calpol and calprofen and also using ashton and parsons powders (although we recently moved to Nelsons as they had sold out of the other)sadly somethimes nothing cuts it and she just screams for a while.

I think it was snugglenush who told me that that teething only tends to last for a few days at a time, so hopefully your LO will start to feel a bit brighter soon xxxx
  • Bryony boots were out of the karvol plug in when I went yesterday so hubby gone to try and get one this afternoon. The cold is at its worst today, all coming out so hopefully she will start to feel better. Given her a cold lunch today which she ate all of, its just the bottles I'm struggling to get down her. Thank u for all ur suggestions on fb.

Moomin at the moment we are on the nelsons powder, bonjela, calpol, and cough syrup! Nothing seems to be helping! The powder and bonjela worked previously but I think its at its worst at the moment and they aren't doing anything!! Xx
  • Benjamin has four teeth in his mouth (all on the bottom) and may be starting on the top -- he drools so much he has a rash around his mouth. He does okay until he gets tired then he just cries and cries and rubs his mouth, poor guy. I give him rags soaked in icewater.

No fun! Oh, Saral1980 must be awful with a cold, too! Hope you guys are getting some sleep!