Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Contraception?

Just wondering if anyone has the coil? How have you found it?

Went to get some condoms from the family planning clinic and they suggested the coil but i'm not sure. A friend of mine had one and had nothing but trouble with it. Are there any similar types of contraception? I don't really want to go back on the pill because I didn't like how long it took for my body to get back to normal though I did like how it cleared up my skin!

What to do?

Replies

• Options
    sorry, I can't help you.....although my friend also had a coil and she also had problems with it...

Im on the mini pill.....its a smaller dose but you have to take a pill everyday - unlike the normal pill where you have a 12 hour window to take it - the mini pill is 3 hours

I was on it for about 12 years before TTC DS and within the 1st month my periods were back to normal...

mini pill could be worth a shot ???????

DLAM xxxx
  • Options
    Grr bx seems to have eaten my reply!

Sorry but cant be too much help pumduff, i am also on the mini pill. DLAM i would ask to be put on cerazette as it also has a 12 hour window, i was on micronor but may as well have been using nothing the amount of times I forgot to take it in the 3 hour window - my dr didnt understand why it had been prescribed over the cerazette xx
  • Options
    Plumduff, i got the coil fitted a few months back and had no problems whatsoever. There are 2 types of coil, one which releases hormones (think this is mainly used for woman going thru the menopause) and the other one which doesn't. I explained to my doc that i was neither up nor down at the time of month and wanted it to stay that way so i have the one which doesn't release hormones and everything has been fine.

So glad as i didn't want to go back on the pill either.

xx
  • Options
    I am using the old fashioned contraception of condoms lol! Tried going back on the pill but completely forgot it 3 days in a row!!!! Decided after that scare that it wasn't worth the risk.

• Options
    Hi Plumduff

Like Misspiggy I have the coil (without hormones) and have had no issues whatsoever plus I don't plan to have anymore and it lasts for 5 years so don't have to do anything for a while.

Before I had ds I had the implant in for 18months and had no probs with that either although do now have two tiny scars on my arm :roll:

Had the pill in between ds and dd and it really affected me hormonally in fact my hubby told me to stop taking it cause my moods were all over the place.

Hope you find something that works for you x
  • Options
    I think it prob a very personal thing - was speaking to my friend the other day and she just come off the coil cos she bled so much with it she became aneamic!

She now on the pill but finding that making her feel very sick too - whereas i not had any probs with pill.

I guess its just trial and error!