Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Nervous

Can nor believe it but I'm nervous about Will's hospital appointment tomorrow for his Tongue tie.

I've been wait over 6 weeks for this and really hope it solves the feeding issue and therefore help with the sleeping but so scared that it's going to sorted tomorrow when my husband can't be with me. I know in all likely hood it will be another day as this is the first appointment but still scared to be on my own incase.

Also part of me wants it sorted so I can get on with things, so confused.

No need to answer just need to get it off my chest!

Replies

• Hope that everything goes well for you tomorrow and it's the answer that you need for both of you to finally get some sleep.

It's only natural to be nervous and i dont think that anthing anyone could say would make you feel better, but remember that it's an incredibly routine procedure. Let us know how everything goes xxx
  • Hey, I know what you are going through, I went through the same thing Jan 4th.....DS had his appointment for his tongue tie....I felt sooooooo sick thinking how its going to hurt etc etc.......

I was gutted that after the stress and worry, my area don't do the operation until he is two......

just think that it will be over in no time......

please let me know how you got on.....

good luck.....

DLAM xxx
  • Hope it all goes well xxx
  • My little Felicity had her tongue tie spotted just after birth, but as it didnt effect her feeding I left it. But my midwife told me it was very routine and simple, hope it goes Ok!

It was funny actually because after learning about tongue tie I noticed hubby had it! Lol!
  • Jodibump.......how did it go ???????

DLAM xxx
  • He wants me back on 4 weeks, seems to think that because his putting on weight there is no reason to do anything. He did not take in to account that the weight gain is due to me preserving getting a latch of sorts ( Will does not latch correctly ) and feeding every 2/3 hours day and night.

I explain that he struggles with a bottle as well so there is no hope there either not sure what he explects me to do when I return to work as I can't go on as we are I'm shattered!

Just so frustrated.

Thanks for all the replies.

DLAM how come they wait so long in your area?