Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Update and catch up :)

Thought it would be nice for us to have another catch up/update thread. As more of us go back to work it is getting harder and harder to keep up with how we all doing!

I just finished my first half term at work - so off for Easter now image Logan is 6 and a half months old and LOVES nursery! I am really happy with him there too - they doing loads of different ativities with him and taking himout and stuff. Weaning is going really really well - he is on 3 meals a day and some supper. Food is a bit more lumpy now and we have started on sme finger food at alast - I was terrified but actually it going really well. How is everyoe else doing? Has everyone started weaning now?

Logan has slept through twice in the last week - so we a little bit closer I think! Although, last night he was up 3 times. How many of our bundles of joy are giving their mummies good night sleep?

We have 2 teeth now!! In the bottom - but not the front two lol in funny positions!!Logan is sitting up really well but not really rolling over yet.

Anybodies LOs recognising their own name yet?

Replies

• Options
    Hiya, hope u have a good time off! U deserve it! Glad to hear Logan has slept through for u. My Lo is hit and miss say 3 nights a week he sleeps through and others still wakes at 3am ish. Hes on 3 7-8oz bottles now so no lunchtime bottle or night feed. He has big 3 meals a day and getting 4 oz of water/juice into him every day.

We have tried baby wheetabix this week and went down well and chicken casserole. Did a baked bean shepards pie last night my hv gave me a recipe book. Me and hub enjoyed it and i froze enough for 7 meals. Hes got more meals in the freezer than us lol!

Going to try follow on milk next week and maybe good night milk too. Hes trying to sit up but cant quite do it yet. He has started in the last few weeks to really enjoy his food he never refuses anything! He gets excited when he sees the bowl. bless him!

This last week ive managed to get him to sleep in his cit in the day rather than his bouncer chair still having short naps but dont want to jinx it hes been asleep now for an hr.

No teeth yet but the bottom ones are just there ready!

Enjoy ur weekend

• Options
    Well after months of nightmares i can finally say that i have a good milk supply and finally starting to enjoy breastfeeding again - even though i am now trying to cut back on feeds due to weaning. I feel like domperidone has changed my life and i really wish that i had been allowed to go on it sooner rather than all the switch feeding and breast compression faff - but thats all in the past now.

Weaning is hit and miss, some days she will eat breakfast and tea (it was lunch but she has started having long lunchtime naps so it got pushed back) and others not at all, i am hoping that she will be able to sit up a little better soon so that we can use the high chair as she is really getting into shoving her hands in the bowl and making a general mess, Biba also likes to hold the spoon as she is fed, sometimes she manages to feed herself and other times it just goes in her eye! We are weaning on purees but i might look into baby led weaning a bit, we were going to give her a little bit of pasta the other night but we got too scared that she would choke.

She really is enjoying water from her spout cup and she has got the hang of the handles and likes to drink it herself, although again most of it goes all down her front as she takes too much and dribbles most of it out - the one thing that has come of that though is that i adapted her TT explorer cup and added a fast flow teat rather than the valve spout and because it also has handles she took 2oz of breastmilk from a bottle yesterday, i really hope that she takes to it again today so i can finally start to wean her off the breast, as i have nearly reached the 6 month mark and am so proud that despite all the ups and downs that i have managed to breastfeed for this long.

As far as sleeping goes, this is also hit and miss one night last week she slept for 10 hours straight but the other night we were back to being up every 3 hours again, i think this is down to the fact that she was constipated though and her feeding hasnt quite got back on track.

There are no teeth as yet, despite all the teethy days, however we can see a lot of teeth really close to the surface so think that we may be in for some teeth soon!

Hope everyone else is getting on well xxxxxxx
  • Options
    Hi girlies, long time no see for me!

Well Harry is not 24 and half weeks, weighing 18lbs 10oz earlier this week, and nearly 70cm long, tall boy! He is still mostly in 3-6 months clothes altho some of the cotton jersey stuff that shrinks in the legs has been packed away now. I cant believe he is nearly 6 months old. Its been hard as mum has been diagnosed wirh pancreatic cancer at xmas so we havent been able to have a gr8 time together with him but she is doing well and im starting to feel like i can enjoy harry more, although i always did he didnt have the best of me as i was so sad and couldnt enjoy our first xmas together as a family. anyway, he can now sit up, altho has the odd wobble over, and he rolls over lots. he sleeps from 7pm till 6.30am as a rule, and has 4 7oz bottles a day and 3 meals, he took to weaning really well, i started him slowly at 19 weeks which was a lot earlier than i planned but he seemed ready and now he is really doing well, so much so that i could stop the dream feed at 10pm to get him thru the night. hes wonderful and is very smiley and giggly, so much charachter. im very proud! he is the spit of his dad but is slowly looking more like me-about time! he has no teeth yet but have had a few bouts of pain and he dribbles non stop so much so that i felt justified to spend 14 pounds on posh dribble bibs as he has to wear one all the time or his tops are drenched! i am returning to work part time in aug on a monday and tues and harry will be in nursery then, i didnt want to but we need the bit of money. i hope u r al enjoying ur babes, crazy to think this time last year we were posting our 12 week scans and now they are 6 months!!! they will be one in no time!!!!!! take care girls and make the most of them. xxxx
  • Options
    Hi, glad to hear everyone is doing so well, snug enjoy your time off, im glad logan has settled in nursery, its easier to settle at work when you know they are happy where they are. I always think its good for mummy and baby to have time away from each other. I did a few days at work recently and really enjoyed it. Although im still a little nervous about starting back in june. Sianyp77 sorry to hear about your mum but glad she is doing well.

Well C is 6months on tuesday and i just cant believe how the time has gone, she is just thriving and is such a happy little bunny, still doesnt sleep wonderfully but she is such a joy when awake and hardly ever cries. She is wearing mostly 3-6months but still some 0-3, she is a little dinky but a little chunk to go with it, we have been trying to wean for a couple weeks but she not too keen so im hoping she will start soon, she still wont take a bottle but we have got her to take milk from a cup which is good, i have got to 6 months feeding so like moomin-mama i think its time for a little time for me, as weaning progresses i plan to cut down on the feeds till im only feeding morning and night, not sure how long it will be till i dont have to be there for the bedtime feed but to be honest im not sure how i feel about dropping that one anyway.xxxx
  • Options
    Lovely to hear how everyone is doing!!

Well Tyler is 6 months old now, cannot believe it.

I offer him 5 x 8oz bottles which only started recently as he was downing 7oz no bother but im not having much success with weaning him. I tried him on homemade apple puree which he gagged on and then puked, and he wasnt keen on the carrot or sweet potato purees either so ive invested in some cow and gate jars to see how we get on.

He has his 2 bottom front teeth through, he wasnt too bad thankfully he just seemed a bit sleepier than normal and a wee bit grumpy but nothing that a bit of bonjela and calpol couldnt sort lol.

Sleepwise, well at night he is great....he goes to bed at about 9.30pm and wakes up at about 8am ish which suits us as we arent morning people at all although this will have to change when i go back to work lol. Daytime naps can be a bit of a nitemare as he fights the sleep, especially if we are out and about. He just lies quietly in his cot and I automatically assume he is sleeping (as you would) only to find him looking like he hasnt slept at all, im maybe timing his naps wrong though, thinking he is tired when he's not!!

Not totally sure how much he weighs, really should go to the clinic but on our scales last week he was 16lbs!! He is still in the 3-6month clothing, some of them look quite big on him still.

Well my hubby is driving me absolutely up the wall at the moment. Im due back at work in August and I cant convince him that me going to work a couple of days a week will be good for both my sanity and for Tyler!! He doesn't seem to get that it would be good to get a bit of my old life back, not that I dont love spending time with Tyler but would be so good to have a wee bit of "normality" back if you catch my drift lol. Anyhoo need to try and convince him soon, hopefully ive not left it too late to get him a nursery place.

sorry to hear about your mum sianyp, Christmas must have been hard for you all but so glad she is doing well.

Our Christmas was rubbish as well but for a totally different reason...no running water in the house + hormonal woman = disaster....my god I cried for Scotland over that 2 week period....ruined my 30th birthday as well....bloody hormones lol.
  • Options
    Hiya, lovely to hear that everyone is doing well!

My lovely little lady is now 28 weeks old and she is such a character, smiles at everyone and is a little nosey parker! Found some baby photo's of me last weekend and she is my double, it's quite scary!

I started weaning at 24 weeks and she loves her food. I breastfed until she was 26 weeks and slowly started dropping them until I was just doing morning and night. I had hoped to continue for a while longer but my milk dried up after only a few days of doing this. I haven't missed it like I thought I would. I feel I did my bit for her and now it's fab having a little more freedom - I've never left her side for more than 3 hours before!

We've still never had a broken nights sleep from when she was 8 weeks old - there is no way I'll get another baby like this i'm sure! She used to go to bed at 8.30pm but now she is so tired by 6.30pm that she's usually fast asleep by 7pm and generally gets up and 8am - I know from other threads I've read that not all the babies are still sleeping through the day but my Lo does, usually an hour in the morning, an hour in the aft and 1/2hour about 5pm.

We have no teeth yet but my goodness she can dribble and chew on anything and everything, I'm sure they wont be far off!

I'm due back at work in July but desperatly don't want to go back :cry:

• Options
    me neither hun id love to stay at home image i will miss him soooo much, i keep thinking right lets have another next year and with two ill be too busy to work!
  • Options
    Ah it's so lovely to hear everyones babies are doing really well. Sorry to hear about your mum siany image

I'm not doing so great at the moment, I'm really stressed out with coursework deadlines an DH is having no luck finding another job and there's a very real possibility we're going to have to move in with his parents for a while. His parents are lovely and have really helped us out in the past but aside from the obvious drawbacks of less privacy etc his mum is so overbearing when it comes to Dexter it does my head in! She completely takes over and almost forgets I'm there and I can tell she sometimes thinks I'm doing it wrong. I can see 2 things happening, first that I won't get a look in with my own son and if I do get time with him she'll be hovering over my shoulder, even just the thought of it now has put me on the verge of tears image

Luckily Dexter makes me smile so much with the stuff he does, he's so smiley and placid everyone always comments on what a good baby he is. He would be sleeping through the night if it weren't for this stupid cough he's had for the last 10 weeks he's so wheezy most of the time he sounds like he smokes 60 a day! He loves his food though I've got fish pie and chicken, apricots and cous cous to make him yum. He's doing really well at sitting up but doesn't really roll but because I know he can I'm not too worried he's still not keen on tummy time though. He cracks us up he's always giggling, blowing raspberries and chattering away he's the best tonic I could ask for image
  • Options
    all our lovely october babies sound like there are all doing great.

DS is now 24 weeks - halloween baby just made it in the october gang!

he weighs 17lbs 14oz, havent had him measured in a few weeks, and wearing 6-9 month clothes.

been weaning for 2 weeks, and everything is being guzzled down, still bf 5 times a day no idea how much he takes in oz!

We have our 2 bottom teeth that came through no problems, lets hope the rest go that way!

He is self settling to sleep again for day and night time naps, but has started wakening again twice during the night,im hoping the weaning soon sorts that out, and we do get the odd terrible nights sleep which funnily enough always happens round the full moon time lol

he is sitting up, rolling over, and blowing raspberries, used to be able to leave him in his cot while i shower, but can anymore due to rolling all over the place and getting stuck! oh he has also started sleeping on his side this week.

checked out the nurserys last week and of course the two i liked have waiting lists till dec, so in panice stations just now about what to do, meant to start back in sept.

And isnt it great that the sunshine has come and we can all have picnic,playtimes in the park with our LO, now that is what maternity leave is all about!! image
  • Options
    Glad to hear all our little ones are doing well.

Will is doing great rolling, sitting and commando crawling backwards.

He also has been testing his voice loads recently and although no signing yet he does recognise a few which is a great start.

Weaning is going well with a mixture of finger foods and puree food with lumps. I'm still ebf which is what I wanted although I have tried a bottle to try and get a night off but he won't take one just pours out the side. This I think is due to the tongue tie which I am waiting on the doc to do another assessment ( not sure what he expects to change in 4 weeks ).

No teeth but lots of drooling and chewing so hopefully some soon image.

Our main problem is sleeping, he can not self settle and is still waking every 2/3 hours ( 1/2 for the last 3 nights ) to feed which is killing me but it's the only way for him to get enough milk as he is not an efficient feed due to the tongue tie :cry: .

Can not belivd his 6 months and that in a few short months I'll be back at work, I keep hoping our numbers will come up and then I can be a stay a home mummy, I'm not greedy just enough to pay our mortgage and life would be grand, although a few million would bf great as well image .
  • Options
    LOL I am with you Jodibump! Just enough to pay off the house - but a few million would be great!

Sorry not replied - been sooo busy! Just had first week off Easter hols now going picnic otmorrow with inlaws which will be lovely! It's great to see so many positive updates - just think what we were all doing this time last year!

logan's sleep is just getting better and better! He has now officially dropped his 3am feed so last night had a feed at midnight then slept until 6.30 with just a little grumble at 3am where I had to put his dummy in. This is like heaven compared to what it used to be like! Hoping now that I can have quite a few hours uninterupted sleep soon!

carebear - baked bean shephards pie sounds nice! I am really struggling with what to make for Logan at the moment. I know they say with BLW that you can give them whatever you are having but I am worried about the salt content. Don't suppose you could share the recipe??

• Options
    Yeh no probs it was quite tasty but ob need salt on your portion it was in a recipe book my hv gave me and lo really likes and it blends well. Ive got some recipe ideas off cow and gate website , he tried pork casserole today and we enjoyed it too.

1oz margerine or butter

1 large onion finely chopped

1 tablespoon of flour

1/3 pint of water

1 lb of minced beef or lamb

pinch of pepper

pinch of nutmeg

1 can of low salt baked beans

For the mash you need margerine and full fat milk

fry the onion in the marg for 5 mins add the flour and cook for a minute.

Take the saucepan of the hob add the water stirring continuously. Add the mince,pepper and nutmeg.

Return saucepan to hob and bring to the boil reduce heat and add baked beans cook for 30mins.

Transfer to a ovenproof dish and cover with mash and cook for 20mins until brown.

• Options
    wow sounds so easy!! I have all those ingredients in already too so will defo be making that! Thanks x
  • Options
    Yep super easy, Let me know how u find it. x
  • Options
    Making it tomorrow - did you blitz up LOs portion or just give it to him as is or mash it??

• Options
    I did blend it as lo is only just turning 6 months but its still abit textured and thicker so hoping to in the next few wks just give it a quick blitz.

• Options
    Hi everyone- I haven't been on here much recently as been so busy with everything. So nice to hear how everyone is getting on.

We've had a big weekend- LO started crawling on Friday and has woken with the first tooth peeping through this morning. He's only just over six months so certainly wasn't expecting crawling just yet but it's so fab seeing him move around although why I spend so much money on toys when his favourite thing is the catflap(!) I don't know.

Hard things for us are naps (still not getting enough sleep in the day). Night time sleep is better but after a few weeks of going through the night he's back to waking once but settles quickly so not too bad. My other big challenge at the moment is weaning, he's just not interested and I'm finding it quite hard as I know it's important for him to be getting solids now. I guess they all just develop slightly differently so will keep trying and i'm sure sooner or later he'll gain interest and get the hang of it!

xx
  • Options
    Wow thats great Mrs Binks, my lo is turning 6 months 2mrw and isnt sitting unaided yet. I'm hoping soon he was born at 36 weeks so feel i should give him a few weeks leeway.

Funny how they are so different!

Hes a fab eater though but just abit lazy lol. Weighed him on the bathroom scales prob not v accurate but they said he was 20lb and measured his length today as 68cm so grown 18 cm since birth.

What are all your babas weighing and what are they in length?

• Options
    Hiya ladies!

Very long time from me - i dunno where time has gone! I manage a FB status every now and then but tonight is the 1st time in ages i've managed to sit down with the laptop (did attempt a catchup on here one afternoon a couple of weeks ago but that was shortlived!!).

Well tonight, B has gone into her big girl cot for the first time at last. Naughty mummy has been very reluctant to move her from the travel cot in our room to her room but tonight is the big step for both of us. She isn't very good at self-settling so we're going to combine a bit of the baby whisperer self settling routine with the big cot...she went to sleep 2 minutes ago after a huge battle, tears and finally an extra BF to help her on her way...killed me hearing her cry cuz we're so used to me feeding her then her dropping off on me then i eventually take her up to bed when we go up. This was fine for a while and she'd sleep right through from 9pm til 8am but since about 8 weeks ago, B was waking again for nighttime feeds and i was just having her in with us so she could snack on and off all night. This in turn stopped the SS she was doing if she woke previously in the night so it's been decided that it's time for a new start to help both of us image

Weaning is going well - we're on 2-3 meals a day...sometimes lunch gets missed cuz B has a late breakfast so she'll then have a big tea. We've started dairy/meat this week which she seems to be enjoying image Going to start a bit of BLW in the next couple of weeks and try her with some baby pasta. Like Biba, she likes to use the spoon to feed herself and gets quite cross if you try to take it off her so mealtimes have become a 2 spoon affair!

No teeth yet and i think they're a way off (i was late getting my 1st tooth) but she chews anything that is within reach so i could be wrong.

Her hip cast for her shallow hip socket came off 8 weeks ago tmrw (after 12 weeks) and the consultant was really pleased with her xray - the left hip socket had formed well and he thought it to be highly unlikely to redislocate. Relief.com! B had to wear a hip brace then to keep her hips in optimum position 23/7 for another 6 weeks (leggings, tights, babygros were back tho!!) and 2 weeks ago she went to bedtime only which has been amazing. She is still very 'froggy' during the day but she kicks and moves so well...and has discovered her feet!! She is trying incredibly hard to crawl and roll over. She was also sitting in her brace but without it, her balance isn't so great so back to the drawing board and helping her out again. The brace has been nothing in comparison to the cast so we've been absolutely loving getting out and about properly at last - especially with this weather. Xmas was a bit sad because of it all but Easter has more than made up for it!

Back to work in 3 months (should have been 1 month but i extended it because of all the hip treatment) and 2 months is unpaid so really preparing for the lack of pennies. Not too worried tho - it's more than worth it to be off longer with my little lady.

We start Waterbabies swimming classes in 2 weeks - can't wait!

Sorry to hear about your mum siany (((hugs)))

Lovely to hear how all our gorgeous babbas are doing...argh, it'll be 1st birthday planning before we know it!!!

SF and LPF (28 weeks tmrw!) xxx

Edit - forgot to say, B is weighing 20lbs and 4oz (at 26 weeks) and is about 68-69 cms!! Just gone into 6-9 month clothes but not sure how long they'll last!
  • Options
    Not had Logan weighed in ages cos of being back at work - but I reckon he is easily about 21lb. He is in 6-9 month clothes but don't think he will be for very long!

x

edited to say that Logan is also try very very hard to crawl! I reckon he will be off soon - he has the legs but not quite there with the arms yet.