Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010

TTC again - any plans???

Hi girls! Not sure whether this has been done before but was wondering whether anyone has got plans to TTC again?? I think we are going to start trying again in December when lo is 14ish months. Just being nosey really at everyone elses plans!!x

Replies

• never again, so my only plan is plenty of contraception!!
  • my hubbie will not stop asking when we will ttc again, im still getting over the pain and learning how to be a mum! men defo dont realise what we have to go through .we did say we would have 2 and a 3 year age gap is kinda norm, i think that now i know what birth is like im not in any rush to do it again he he, i know its a pain we forget but im still getting some pains, although when i looked a photos of me pregnant the other day, it was a lovely warm feeling that came over me.
  • Well I must confess that we havent been using any protection since having Tyler...tut tut tut lol.

It is something we have been trying to decide on, hubs and I are both only children so we would quite like Tyler to have a wee brother or sister but unfortunately time isnt exactly on our side with my hubby turning 46 in May plus as jemcol said im still learning how to be a mummy for Tyler.

Must admit the thought of being in labour again does scare me ever so slightly, been wondering if I would be eligible for an elective section if we were to have a 2nd child....anyway watch this space image
  • I'd love to have another baby at some point but at the moment I'm still dreaming of a night of undisturbed sleep and the thought of getting even less than I do at the moment again is just unbearable!! I'm still up four or five times in the night - once for a feed and the rest just to resettle Poppy. It's a killer, I'm so tired all the time - but when I think back to the first three months when I was up every two hours for an hour it almost makes me feel lucky! I think when Poppy starts sleeping through I'll be able to start thinking about going through it all again!

I know this probably sounds silly, but does anyone else ever think that they love their LO so much that it's hard to imagine having enough love to go round if you have another baby?! And when I think about sharing my time and love with another LO I almost feel bad for Poppy. I'm sure these kind of feelings change as soon as you do have another baby though!

xx
  • Happy mrs s I felt that way, but your right it all changes once you have 2. The only issue I find is that ds1 doesn't get 100 percent of my attention now but his been dealing really well with and seems to love his little brother.

Plus nothing warms your heart more than see your children laughing and playing together.

As for anymore, I would love to. We always said 2 and all my reasons for that are still there but I love being a mum ( hate pregnancy and could easily by pass labour), however it would be several years down the line if we were going to have more. For now I'm going to enjoy my 2 boys.

Just for the first time mums I started ttc ds2 when ds1 was 1, turned out I was already pregnant though, naughty us image
  • definitely want more. Loved being pregnant and miss my bump!

That said, i dont want another yet at all. It would be a disaster financially and i just want to enjoy logan at the moment. We have decided to try when he is about 3/4. X
  • If we had the money we would be trying again now but we're in real financial dire straits at the moment plus I want to finish my degree. We want a big family though and can't wait to have more babies but agree with MrsS we do wonder how we could love another baby as much as we love Dexter but plenty of people have more children and love them equally so we'll have to see!
  • mmm not sure yet were undecided maybe in a year or so when ive forgotten the sleepless nights and colic/windy crying lol.

• Think we are gonna ttc Jan 2012 when Lucy will be 16 months. There is only 2 years between myself and my brother and think its a nice gap, just have to wait and see how long it takes to fall PG. Hopefully not as long as it took us this time round!

xx
  • Booohhoooo no more for me,lol. I would love more but money/house/car,etc has made us make the decision to stop at 2. i feel ok about it at the moment but not sure how i will feel when my baby is a toddler. when i had my first i was ready to try again straight away if money hadnt stopped up,ha.

HappymrsS I always thought the same but somehow you manage to produce even more love and there is nothing more fantastic than watching my dd with C, she just loves having her around so much and im afraid to say she keeps he best smiles for her big sister.xx
  • Oh...I do keep thinking about this. I have also worried I won't be able to love another baby as much...and that I won't be able to love B the same with another around. I would like to have two babies. I'm not sure I could manage any more than that though...my sister in law has EIGHT!!! I think we will wait the full year out and maybe TTC. I want to be back to my prepreg weight, and get some of the postpartum health things back under control...and get further along on my studies. Although...I could go for it right now. After experiencing delivery though I think a surrogate would be awesome! Hey...all us BIO need to do this at the same time so we can go through it with each other again! image
  • Totally agree with HappyMrsS about missing my sleep and agree with the girls with worrying about loving a second as much as your first - B is my life and i sometimes even think that a second baby wouldn't even come close in my affections!! Glad i'm not the only one who feels that way.

However, this being said, hubby and i have been discussing when we'll start TTC again and we've agreed that as soon as B turns 1, we'll stop worrying about me NOT getting pregnant and go with the flow. I'm desperate for AF (no much of a chance of that cuz i'm still BF) so i can start my CBFM again. If a few months go by and nothing is happening (it took 5 months with B) then we'll up our game and start taking it seriously like before, lol!!

I want 9 months off at least next time so need to get saving as soon as i get back to work!