Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010

Sleep

My lovely lady has over a period of about a month begun to bring her bedtime forward. She was initially going to bed about 9pm and sleeping through to 8am, this has gradually begun to get earlier and earlier to the point where she is constantly rubbing her eyes and yawning at 6.30pm! She is now fast asleep by 7pm and still not waking until 8am. Are other babies now sleeping longer periods of time? I can only assume it's bacause she is so active through the day she is absolutley shattered by night time? Poor hubby has a race against time every night to get to see her before she goes to sleep! x

Replies

• Logan did the same when he started nursery - his bedtime is also 7am but he wakes at 6.30am image

• Daniel goes to bed at 7.30am wakes for 5.30am generally sometimes 6.30am. He just lies there talking to himself so i leave him till 6.30am-7am. Sometimes can re-settle.

I'm so glad he sleeps this long i think 10 hrs straight isnt too bad. Ur very lucky!

Lo tends to need 3 naps through the day hes tired by 8.30am but i just keepp him amused till 9-9.30am so he has a hr and isnt cranky for lunch at 11am. Then he has a nap at 1pm for 40mins-hr then another hr ish at 4.30pm. But the last few days ive been trying to scrap the 4.30pm nap i try to resettle at 2pm.

How much do all ur lo's sleep in the day? We go out most days and go to clubs etc. But he seems better at night if hes been at home and had all his naps in his cot.

• I wish,ha. C is not a great sleeper and is still waking 2-3times a night although she isnt fully weaned yet so hoping things will get better in the next few weeks. She wakes bang on 7am every morning no matter when she is up through the night, she then naps at 9ish (on the nursery run) for about 20mins and then again at 11ish for 20-40mins then she goes down for a nap between 2pm and 3pm. it depends how long she sleeps for then, if she only sleeps for 1/2hour then she has a wee nap about 5ish. She is usually in bed by 8pm.

care_bear im with you C def settles better and sleeps longer if we are in house for most of naps in cot, but unfortunalty we dont get much chance with doing nursery run.xx