Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What beakers are ur Lo's drinking out of?

Just wondered really ive tried 4 a TT 4 month trainer cup and as it has a hard spout he will not drink from it.

Ive tried a TT free flow cup but again it has a hard spout so doesnt understand what to do with it he just bites it.

More successfully a tesco trainer cup with a soft silicone spout but he gulped too quickly making him have trapped wind.

The best one so far has been a nuby super sipper but it leaks and has no 0z lines on the side.

Was thinking of getting the mam one? Any other suggestions?

xx

Replies

• Options
    I could've written the same thing, we have used pretty much the same ones and seem to be having the most success with the nuby one but he let's a lot dribble out of his mouth and doesn't have as much as if he has a bottle. With the oz lines I measured 1oz at a time in his bottle, poured it into the cup and scratched measurement lines on if you see what I mean? Have you tried a doidy cup or something similar?
  • Options
    I've only had success with the tommy tippee "tip it up cup." She doesn't understand how to drink out of any of the others, even a bottle and she only accepted this one after trying her after every meal for over a week. She can't even manage a bottle - she just bites it.

Also she won't take any formula i've tried and only seems to like ribena!

So if your LO takes a bottle i'd stick with that for now. I did look at the doidy cup but couldn;t get one anywhere and then i started thinking how messy it would be when she starts to toddle and knocks it over!

I'm going to persevere with this one and give up on the bottle. For now, that meal out will have to be put on hold image
  • Options
    He will drink water and a drop of diluted juice from a bottle and will drink 6oz from the nuby but it seems to leak from the seal?

Ive emailed Nuby and they've said they will send me a replacement with oz lines on it and one that hopefully doesnt leak.

Plumduff- my hubs suggested we do that scratch the oz's on but hopefully will get a new one.

Dont think he would know what to do with the doidy. I have to help him hold the beaker he tries bless him.

Mrs mermaid hope ur lo will drink formula or expressed milk from the beaker for you soon.I'am hoping in a few months to get lo to drink his milk from his beaker at brekkie and lunch and have his bottle at night.

• Options
    ive only tt ones so far, lots of dribbles if i let him play with it himself but if im holding the cup he does get a better drink, i did try another cant remember brand but he had to suck that one really to get something and he didnt quite get the hang of it. going to try some expressed milk in it today see if he will take it.
  • Options
    Yeh good idea, my lo is a sucky baby so likes the soft spouts. x
  • Options
    Wow 6oz is good! I can only get Dexter to have 1oz or so. Even with a bottle he only has a few oz in the day so don't really know what to do there.