Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010

Anyone got a doidy cup?

As the title says really, in my never ending struggle to Biba to have something other than boob i have decided to give up trying to get her to take milk from a bottle. She takes water from a spout cup but not milk - i have heard that they are good for a breast to cup transition but all i can see is it going everywhere as it doesnt have a lid, but apparently they can be used from birth!

Any experiences?

Replies

• I haven't got one but have heard very good things about them. Know a few people who have used them very succesfully!

It's defo worth a try if you ask me image

• I bought one for Noah as he refuses to take anything from bottles or spout cups! He initially was very interested in it and appeared to be getting into it, however he just spits out whatever goes in his mouth! He's also started grabbing it which can make things very messy, I'm just glad I've only tried water in it!

I tried it as a last hope as like you I desperately want him to take formula but unfortunately it's not worked for us! I just can't see an end to bf!!
  • I know nicolaf, bf'ing seemed like such a good idea at the time - there must be an easier way to wean off the boob, there seems to be a few of us with this problem x
  • Yes it's difficult isn't it. I'm not going to get too stressed about it though, eventually they'll all be off the breast. When i go back to work my LO will have to take a bottle or some kind of cup. I think it's harder when the option of the breast is there. If that option is removed for our LOs they will eventually take fluids some other way.

Maybe we could leave OHs with our babies and hire a bothy in Shetland for a week. We could drink alcohol (yey) and our LOs would be weaned by the time we returned home. Someone had better bring some cabbage leaves though! :lol:
  • Have you tried a Nuby cup or beaker from the nuby range... I found them very helpful image
  • Palmtree we have tried her on a nuby super sipper, i think the spout is a bit too big for her, was tempted to get one with a straw top but reluctant to spend more cash - which makes no sense as i am considering spending more money on a doidy cup!!