Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010

FED UP!!

ARGH I am having a complete breakdown. Been feeling this way for a while and in my head have just finally cracked! I'm really struggling now to keep up with everything. I feel like all I do is work all the time - I get up in the morning, get Logan up, take him to nursery, go to work, work after work, get logan from nursery, feed him and put him to bed, go up mnumerous times becuase he is unsettled then when he is finally in bed I tidy up, empty and reload dishwasher, iron etc. etc. etc.!!! My tea is just whatever I can stick in the microwave. On my days off from work hubby is working so I have Logan all day and do housework or school work when he is sleeping. And after all this the house still always seems to be a mess!

Hubby helps occasionally - but he works long hours and seems to think that his days off are for him to lie in and do bugger all . . .which is fine but when is my day off???? After work (he finishes about 10.30pm) he often then goes for a quick social drink after - how wonderful for him. Tomorrow his parents are coming over. He has a rare random day off today and me and logan have been out at a royal wedding thing - he spent 6 hours. . .sleeping!! SO I have looked after Logan all day and come home and am bloody cleaning again!! AAARRRGGGHHHHHHHH! Just feel like pulling my hair out image

I know that nobody can say anything to mak it better - and I know that this is what you all do. I am jst feeling so tired at the moment becuase Logaqn just will not sleep through the night image

I also know you will all say that I should talk to hubby - but we don't spend much time together and the last thing I want is a huge argument on our only time together (which it iwll turn in to! He seems to think that he does alot round the house despite the fact that at this moment in time I am running round cleaning and he is sat with his feet up!!!!!!!)

xxx

Replies

• take a big breath in an empty room and count to ten then walk back out into it all, i feel for you, i havent yet gone back to work, but at times i just want to scream, i think the worst thing for us all is our LO just not sleeping through the night, hopefully soon they will and we can start to feel normal again, i ended up throwing the monitor onto a pile of clothes on the floor when i was getting up last night as i was knackered and just wanted to make a noise to wake hubbie up lol.

husbands well i honestly dont think they understand 1) what our bodies have gone through and what we are still recovering from

2)how demanding a baby is let alone running the house and working / studying etc i dont know how many times i have told hubbie but it just doesnt sink in, he keeps on saying to me well my mum offers to babysit for you and im like nnoooo i want you to babysit and do the housework and get stuck in!

But i think it is a good time to rely on parents - in laws if you can? even if its just for an hour here and there to have a bath, get your hair done etc. and i make sure thatt before i go to bed no matter how tired i am i always read a chapter of my book - this is my time and makes me feel sane!

sorry no real words of wisdom for you, but i do understand, and fingers crossed as the lo get older things get easier?

hope you get some you time very soon, and treat yourself to some appletizer or go all out on a glass of wine and try and relax tonight.
  • I'm not back at work yet but my hubby works long hours fair play but has two days off and i feel he still wants to lead the life he used too by lying in relaxing etc.

I'am the only one who can get lo to sleep in his cot so before i go out ive got to plan at what time.

Hubby tried today but hasn't got the patience, ive worked so hard to get him to sleep as well as he does what would of happened if i had given up????

Hope u get some you time soon could you have half a day at a beauty salon and detress?

I have no family near me to help so it is tough.

I get a few hours a week to myself if hubs looks after lo but he makes me feel guilty sometimes.

Hope you feel better soon. How did Logan sleep last night without the goodnight milk?

xx
  • Hiya hun

Sorry to hear that your feeling a little glum. I truely don't believe men have a clue what we do in a day! Although I haven't started back at work yet my hubby work 7 days a week most weeks and usually leaves the house by 7am and doesn't get back 'til 7pm, it's bloody hard work on my own all the time!

As I've heard him say - numerous times - that it must be so nice 'just' being at home all day I've decided to leave him to it for a day. He's taking a day off next weekend and I'm going to take myself off for the day with a friend. He will have LO from morning until night :lol: I will also leave a little list of jobs - washing, dinner etc that I expect to be done when I get back just so he can see it's not that simple! I'm hoping it's an eye opener - watch this space! Is there any possibility of you doing the same? I know it's nice to spend time as a family when they work so much but in my opinion it's a great idea to let them fathom things out alone as if the three of us are together I still tend to do most things for LO. Treat yourself, how about a spa day - you sound like a day or relaxation would do you the world of good - we all need a little time out and we deserve it xxx
  • Jem - I have a very supportive family and in laws actually. In fact, I am doing SATs marking next month to earn a bit of extra money and they are taking it in turns to come and lolok after logan whilst I get my work done. But like you said - I want him to get stuck in and help. I don't want to ahve to ask my MIL to come over for an hour so I can do the ironing or get the house clean. I want me and OH to be in a situation where we can get it done between us!

Care bear - my oh works long hours and I understand but he also has 2 days off a week (and does a few late starts at 2pm). I of his days off he looks after logan - which is amazing he does a good job (even though he does the bare minimum with Logan lol) but the other day he jsut slobs round the house all day!

I fell asleep after writing my original post! Was in the middle of putting some clotehs away and jsut say on the bed for minute - next thing I knew it was 9pm! He had put Logan to bed, made my tea and has now gone out. To give him credit - he has said that he will be back before Logan's feed (which currently is about 12-1am) - although I highly doubt it will happen haha!! A quick drink to my hubby is normally an all nighter.

Thanks for your replies - I am sure I will feel better in the morning. Just tired I think - Logan been very unsettled lately. He has woken now about 3 times since hubby left half an hour ago.

• chickidee we posted at the same time lol!!!

Well OH has a day with Logan anyway - but he naps when Logan naps haha!! And refuses [point blank to give him a bath.

Do you know what I really want? Just a day to myself at home!! It is something I NEVER get. Going to ahve to see if it can be arrange - a nice lie in, slob in front of the telly!!

• Oh hun, that sucks! I have no words of advice really except to maybe put a bomb up hubby's bum!! They really don't realise how hard it is to juggle everything do they?

(((hugs)))

SF xxx
  • I agree with sf hun, they just need telling sometimes, every now and then i have to have a good moan at him to make him realise just how tired i am and how little he is doing to helpxxxx