Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Forward Facing Car Seat - ASDA - £25

I've just brought one...

I have just tried DS in it facing forward and he loves it..... if it was going to be no good then I was going to give it to my parents who are 'on call' if DS gets sent home from Nursery...

I originally was looking at one that was ??110....ouchie !! I can now buy another one for hubby's car and one for my parents car all for less money than the one I was going to get.

DLAM XXXXXX

Replies

• Options
    bargain. think i will get one at the next event when biba is a bit bigger - i hate the fact that companies pray on the fact that some parents will pay anything for safety when the cheap ones are just as safe!
  • Options
    That is a good deal, they are so expensive. We are lucky we still have one from dd1 so thats one less expense.image.xx
  • Options
    I agree with you Moomin Mama...... Im sure this car seat will have had to go through the same safety checks as the seats that cost over ??100

We have a Skoda Yeti so the car itself is built like bricks..... hubby had a crash in it back in Jan ( luckily all ok) a young lad pulled out infront of hubby...the lads car was a write-off....our Skoda had a few scratches down the side.....

good old ASDA.......I do love the buying power of supermarkets.....

I hardly go to mothercare as I find it expensive and I also had a very very very rude saleswoman when I was looking for a Pram.....

DLAM xxxx
  • Options
    DLAM i buy everything in the supermarket, you cant beat the clothes and i just love the baby events.xx

Did you also notice they had stairgates for ??16, think we will all be needing them soon,lol.xx
  • Options
    Brilliant, that's a bargain and yes i agree, all carseats have to pass the same safety checks so would be just as safe as a pricier one.

Saying that, we bought our next stage carseat from MCare (which i don't actually like either) - it's a MaxiCosi Priorifix but had ??100 off so we went for it...shame i didn't wait :roll:

SF xxx